78-80 Monte Picture Thread

suffrn6 said:
Here's acouple pics of my buddies 3rd gen. It is one of the cleanest ones around these parts that I have seen. He is talking about selling it so he can get his 84 back on the road. I told him he should keep it and do the 84 anyway. Its got a new GM crate engine with a 4 speed manual behind it.

Crazy! gotta keep that one, 3rd gens are only getting more scarse, with a 4 speed stick its a keeper for sure!

Toronto78MC said:
Hey im new here. i bought this car when i turned 16. Looking to change the look a bit with wider wheels and tires.. gotta love the deep dish.
Very nice! Fellow 3rd gen here in Vancouver I feel for your upcoming winter.

Here is a question for you guys.

Do I go with a 4" cowl or a scoop on the monte?

with the lines of the 79 on the hood I feel like the cowl makes it look too busy and doesnt flow with the line right.

but then do I want to spend the money on a fiberglass hood. Cut it and fiberglass in a scoop?

i vote no cowl. never really been a fan of them but definately not on the 79, it doesn't flow with the lines of the car at all.

however, she is yours and as long as your happy, that is all that matters

well I am going to be having a clearance issue with the new motor thats being built. The intake is going to be sitting high and I want to lighten up the car while I am at it.

Im thinking I might go with the scoop in the steel hood before I invest the cash in the fiberglass one.

Right now I got about an inch to play with i think. got a very low air cleaner and it comes off when Ill be hitting the track.

It would look pretty sick if I left the stock looking hood and be making that kind of power.

I always did want to raise the hood up following the body lines and make that like a huge cowl.

Im glad im not the only one that thinks it doesnt flow

if you are forced too, i think the right scoop in the centre would sport better than a long cowl.

1st time i've seen a white one, looks like a snow flake. very clean, very nice.

ive seen 2 other white ones....

Love it. almost gets me thinking to paint mine white...

sweet car. looks amazing

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor