78 cutlass W-31 build

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Progress update!!!
Stopped by the shop were I dropped off the transmission it will be ready this weekend so I'll pick it up Monday. Received the vacuum line for it from in line tube and Saturday morning Lauren is coming with me to help assembling the rest of the engine and she's going to paint it. She's still on me to do her car I'm like honey your only 10 we have time on that one lol

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Bought a thermostat tonight after work and forgot prepsol.

Tomorrow is the day finishing the motor and starting on the engine bay Lauren is coming with me to paint and check on my progress lol I wish I could still keep my cars at home at least I have a dry garage to work in were they are

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Took my helper and made some progress today
IMG_20170520_134358550_HDR.jpg
she backed out on painting it on the first coat lol she never sprayed a metallic color before but we got it done
IMG_20170520_140319447_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170520_140338146_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170520_142509963.jpg
IMG_20170520_174934.jpg
made a list of things I need for next weekend and brought more parts home to blast and paint maybe I can put it in next weekend

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So I'm finding that rubber parts at not as flexible as they were 20 years ago when I did these cars all the time. So I ordered some new valve cover grommets from inline tube and I was wondering if anyone knows how they are? Also I'm going to make up new cooler lines and was thinking about using nicopper? Just because it supposedly doesn't rot and when the car is done it will see the elements here in the Northeast year round. I was just wondering how workable it is with a regular tubing bender?

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Aww she looks so proud and eager. This thing's gonna be awesome.

• Agree

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
So I'm finding that rubber parts at not as flexible as they were 20 years ago when I did these cars all the time. So I ordered some new valve cover grommets from inline tube and I was wondering if anyone knows how they are? Also I'm going to make up new cooler lines and was thinking about using nicopper? Just because it supposedly doesn't rot and when the car is done it will see the elements here in the Northeast year round. I was just wondering how workable it is with a regular tubing bender?

I used cunifer for all my brake lines. It does not corrode at all and you don't need bending tools to form it. Took me a bit of practice to make the flares cause the metal is softer than steel

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I got my grommets from Rocket Racing, needed their .028" head gaskets for my 350. I also bought their solid core rubber valve gaskets, also nice. I know people either really like or hate inline tube. I would think they are the same source and I assume they will be direct factory replacement D shaped like mine. I really like that blue on there, make an EGR block off or buy one if you are not using it.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I got my grommets from Rocket Racing, needed their .028" head gaskets for my 350. I also bought their solid core rubber valve gaskets, also nice. I know people either really like or hate inline tube. I would think they are the same source and I assume they will be direct factory replacement D shaped like mine. I really like that blue on there, make an EGR block off or buy one if you are not using it.
Thanks it's 70 455 blue. I was thinking I'd just leave the EGR so it looks all stock

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
70 455 blue......Reminds me of my 70 base 442, gold on gold interior, post doors with vent windows, SS1 wheels and the best shifting Turbo 400 I have ever had the privilege to put in gear...

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor