78 cutlass W-31 build

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
that sounds like an air lock for sure in the old days we used to start up new engines with out the rad cad cap off just for that reason because if we did not have the heater lines hooked up it always got an air lock would over heat instantly

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
that sounds like an air lock for sure in the old days we used to start up new engines with out the rad cad cap off just for that reason because if we did not have the heater lines hooked up it always got an air lock would over heat instantly
I edited my previous comment to add that I did that too, had no problems breaking in my 350, cooling wise. burbled happily at 2500 and 3000 for damn near 45 minutes (sucking up all the old gas out of the tank to start fresh) and didn't care.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I gave up for the night guy's it's still too angry to play with me maybe the new starter got out of the kitchen so to speak
Anyway found another heater control valve in my parts and my brother has another starter and fan clutch so maybe I'll get that stuff from him tomorrow and start over

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I gave up for the night guy's it's still too angry to play with me maybe the new starter got out of the kitchen so to speak
Anyway found another heater control valve in my parts and my brother has another starter and fan clutch so maybe I'll get that stuff from him tomorrow and start over
So close, just don't rush it. And get some box fans. :p

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Good move sometimes the best thing to do is walk away you are so close just have a beer and try again tomorrow you got it running and that is half the battle the other stuff is easy to fix have a good night tomorrow is a new day

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Good move sometimes the best thing to do is walk away you are so close just have a beer and try again tomorrow you got it running and that is half the battle the other stuff is easy to fix have a good night tomorrow is a new day
I here you but no beer I reached my quota about 5 years ago lol I'm settling for some kind of fake helth food putting my wife made looks like baby food with bird seed..... maybe I should go take the car back apart

malibujustin

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2017
Glad she cranked for you mr Eric. That's good to hear. Hopefully you will get the bugs worked out and maybe she didn't damage anything from the heat.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor