78 cutlass W-31 build

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
As someone who had nothing but overheating problems with my G body, it takes multiple overheatings to cook an Olds V8. I am talking the thin castings, Siamese bore Olds 403. Probably an air pocket as said. Unless you are running A/C, I always eliminate that valve, as they tend to leak. I just buy the 3/4" nipple with hose barb from my hardware store. I really like my 4 blade fixed factory fan. It moves a lot of air and doesn't wear out over time.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Looks like I'm tacking the radiator back out for some repairs there's a pond under it this morning and a nice Brook running down the driveway oh well that's the way it goose with all these old parts I guess

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
Best of luck. Keep your head up and keep plugging along. I love the build .

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The rad one of the things I didn't replace when I added a 403 to this car. The old 307 rad along with under drive pulleys, will never run the tiny crank pulley again caused charging and cooling issues. Hopefully it cools well enough for your 350, the 260 is very easy to cool. I am running a plugged up rad in my 88 with the 260, stays around 195 with it, hit around 230 with the 350.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Best of luck. Keep your head up and keep plugging along. I love the build .
Thanks I'm trying starting the brake in gave me hope again
The rad one of the things I didn't replace when I added a 403 to this car. The old 307 rad along with under drive pulleys, will never run the tiny crank pulley again caused charging and cooling issues. Hopefully it cools well enough for your 350, the 260 is very easy to cool. I am running a plugged up rad in my 88 with the 260, stays around 195 with it, hit around 230 with the 350.
One of the other things I did was finally put a real Ballancer on it to I had one all along and didn't know

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So far tonight I found the hole in the radiator clocked the distributor one tooth because we're it was the advance was hitting the firewall. Got it to start and almost idle. Sounds really tappy like an old SBC on it's way out and it stumbled and feals like it has a dead miss....not real happy with it. Not shore what to do plus now it won't crank so I'm waiting for my brother to come up with another starter to see what that dose

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Hang in there Eric. We're all pulling for you. That thing has fought you tooth and nail!

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The lifters may need time to bleed up. What is your oil pressure like? Is the oil washed out?

• Agree

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor