78 Olds in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
A: we love him because he speaks his mind
B: we hate him because he speaks his mind
It is still the best car based TV show that I have ever seen.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The Olds 260 is acceptable for performance, especially with a lot of added timing, dual exhaust, 2004R and 3.42 gears, like on my 88. I pull out 26 imperial highway, could probably eek out a bit more. In town isn't much worse with that combo. Your car will be a good few hundred pounds lighter than my 88 Cutlass Brougham, that will definitely help. Your factory low 2 gearing won't help.

Rustic302

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2018
London, UK
The Olds 260 is acceptable for performance, especially with a lot of added timing, dual exhaust, 2004R and 3.42 gears, like on my 88. I pull out 26 imperial highway, could probably eek out a bit more. In town isn't much worse with that combo. Your car will be a good few hundred pounds lighter than my 88 Cutlass Brougham, that will definitely help. Your factory low 2 gearing won't help.
I think if I change out the current trans it'll probably be at the same time as an engine swap.
Dual exhaust will be my first upgrade, have you got any videos of what your car sounds like before and after duals? What did you do, H or X pipe? Cross-member change?

But 26mpg is really good!
On 3.42s? The 2004R must have good gear ratios

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
I used to like the old Top Gear in the 80s and 90s, very professional presentations, but Clarkson changed the game and along with May and Hammond they are a very entertaining team.
The Robin Reliant bit was among the funniest things I've ever seen. All the Top Gear spinoffs lost something in translation. I know some of it is staged, but the continuity of the show (dent then no dent) was spot on. The fist Top Gear I remember seeing was the Toyota Hi Lux episodes.

Reactions: 1 user

Rustic302

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 24, 2018
London, UK
The Robin Reliant bit was among the funniest things I've ever seen. All the Top Gear spinoffs lost something in translation. I know some of it is staged, but the continuity of the show (dent then no dent) was spot on. The fist Top Gear I remember seeing was the Toyota Hi Lux episodes.
The Toyota episodes were classic, I think if you ask most people to name a memorable moment that is way up there.
Agreed, 5th gear was lame although I like Tiff Needell and the new Top Gear - but again I like Matt LeBlanc (mainly because of the Ken Block episode).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor