79 cutlass calais "re-restore"

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Nice, sounds like a cool build. I wish i could get one of those aluminum front bumpers for my wagon. lol, they are difficult to find for sure.

SMSC27

Apprentice
Oct 17, 2013
Delmar, delaware
i'm still going to drop a turbo on the 305.. the 355 is going to take a little longer to build, as i just found out i'm going to be a daddy in 7-8 months.. so i have to shift focus a little and spend money elsewhere lol

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
SMSC27 said:
i'm still going to drop a turbo on the 305.. the 355 is going to take a little longer to build, as i just found out i'm going to be a daddy in 7-8 months.. so i have to shift focus a little and spend money elsewhere lol

Congratulations! Best wishes to you and mommy.

Gbarrie

Master Mechanic
Sep 15, 2012
kustomkyle said:
Looks like a good project (again), sounds similar to my car, don't want it to sit that long either. Also didn't have much luck with POR15 but who knows. Ended up using some decent enamel spray paint and it has held up very well.
When prep right that por 15 is gold. Once opened it must be stirred for 5 mn then refrigerated, its a process you must follow.
Gbarrie.

SMSC27

Apprentice
Oct 17, 2013
Delmar, delaware
Another change in plans.. i think i may have killed the 305 last night.. for some reason, it pushed the freeze plugs out and dumped all the antifreeze out and overheated to the point it wouldn't stay running.. my mecha.jcal water temp gauge musg be shot, because it never went over 200.. so i'm sure the motor is hurt badly, in 1 aspect or another.. so i'll be fixing my turbocoupe and putting it back on the road until i find a 'family car'

SMSC27

Apprentice
Oct 17, 2013
Delmar, delaware
Nah, it's just the standard emblem, in typical shape.. terrible lol

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Congrats! Now go buy a minivan and put everything under tarps, lol.

SMSC27

Apprentice
Oct 17, 2013
Delmar, delaware
Oh heeeelllllllllllll no lol i won't drive a minivan and neither will she.. just going to pick up a 4 door car and call it a day.. probably a nissan sentra, because she used to have 1 and loved it.. i'll be nice and cater to her a little, so she can leave my cars alone lol

As for my 305.. #6 cyl..

1510408_10153608519295335_516714991_n.jpg

Soooooo.. i'm putting my turbocoupe back together, while looking for a decent set of heads for my 355.. or pick up a junkyard motor to get the car mobile, so i don't have to rush my 355.. we'll see what happens.. this car has become a thorn in my *ss in no time flat

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor