79 SJ 301 4 spd help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

79 301 4spd

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 19, 2017
Here's mine. Not quite a G Body, but one letter off (F Body)...

FB_IMG_1500941177476.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay in putting these pictures up, but I have been a bit under the weather and couldn't get out to take the pictures. I took a number of pictures, which I'll post here, but I'll admit the car needs a good detailing on the outside. It looks worse that it is (dirt wise). At the time of the pics I couldn't get inside the car, but the interior is pretty imaculate. I've posted a picture to show that it is a 4 speed and so you can see the color. As you can see, the plastic panel under the headlights (not sure what that's called) has seen better days, but is still in one piece...as is the one on the back of the car. The car is currently at a friend of his getting some minor work done so it's road worthy when he sells it. Any help you could provide that lets me know what you think would be helpful.

Thanks,

Rob View attachment 70965 View attachment 70966 View attachment 70967 View attachment 70968 View attachment 70969
Cool car. I hope it finds a good home. It looks like it might have the cancer under the vinyl top.

• Agree

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
Very nice looking Grand Prix. A couple of things to consider when buying a G body are the condition of the floors and the rear frame rails.
Being a factory 4 speed, it doesn't matter "quite" as much as long as it hasn't rusted beyond repair.

• Agree

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Going by the photos, the car doesn't look too bad. It is kind of an unusual colour combination. What's the mileage on the car? Any idea of how much you're going to ask for the car? Good luck with the sale.

79 301 4spd

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 19, 2017
Going by the photos, the car doesn't look too bad. It is kind of an unusual colour combination. What's the mileage on the car? Any idea of how much you're going to ask for the car? Good luck with the sale.
It's got 80k original miles. Not sure what he's asking yet. Thanks for the reply.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
WOW! I wouldn't mind having that! Not only is it a nice '79 301 (last year before AIR) it is a Saginaw 4 speed with factory console and even the rare silver dash bezel. That car was set up right! Does it have the rally gauge/tach package?

79 301 4spd

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 19, 2017
WOW! I wouldn't mind having that! Not only is it a nice '79 301 (last year before AIR) it is a Saginaw 4 speed with factory console and even the rare silver dash bezel. That car was set up right! Does it have the rally gauge/tach package?

I'll have to look. Can you show me what that looks like? I can get a picture and post it as soon as I get a chance.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'll have to look. Can you show me what that looks like? I can get a picture and post it as soon as I get a chance.

the tach would be where the green circle is and the oil, water, battery, gas gauges would be in the red circle. If there are no gauges except for the fuel there would be warning lights and the tack would probably be a clock.

GP console.jpg

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor