8.5 ALTERNATIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Hey guys its been a while since I have posted, life has thrown me a couple of curve balls that I have been dealing with.

I noticed you haven't been around for a bit - hopefully you've figured out to hit the curve lol. Is all well?

I can't even remember what this post was - I think it was 64 or 65 8.5 A body rear end. I can apricate all the comments and why people do what they do and why. When I built the Regal the Moser 9 in w/ axles package was only $595.00 and you could order it w/ the spines, ends, stud length, and wheel bolt pattern you wanted. I bought a 9 in 4.11 with a spool for $150.00 and had a bolt in rear. I have looked on line and seen the 9 in w/ axle package is now closing in on $900.00 - as mentioned prices are getting crazy. When we build the Sonoma the package was around $800.00 and also had a back brace installed. I found a used Moser housing 9 in w/ 4.30 gears for $400.00 and then found a new build Yukon case bolt through w/ a 4.56 for $825.00 so yes closing in on $2000.00. I think the prices on 8.5 rear ends that are aprox 45 years are going nuts

My point is that there a 9" tax for no particular reason IMO. If I could put together a complete 9" with brakes and center for $1800-2000, then I'd be advocating for them. But the prices have gotten unreasonable IMHO.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I noticed you haven't been around for a bit - hopefully you've figured out to hit the curve lol. Is all well?

In short I lost my wife last month to FTD (front temporal dementia) after a 5 year battle. It was my goal to keep her home which I accomplished and she died peacefully at home. I personally came down with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Pulmonary fibrosis - A chemo treatment has has been working for the arthritis but the fibrosis has been getting bad and I have been on O2

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I'm sorry for your loss.I'm sure being @home with you brought her much comfort in her time of need.

• Agree

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
In short I lost my wife last month to FTD (front temporal dementia) after a 5 year battle. It was my goal to keep her home which I accomplished and she died peacefully at home. I personally came down with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Pulmonary fibrosis - A chemo treatment has has been working for the arthritis but the fibrosis has been getting bad and I have been on O2
Doggone buddy so sorry for your loss as we all are. Sounds like you gave her the best end of life care possible. Hopefully the docs are properly taking care of your medical issues and you can begin to mend in many ways.
Just know I'll have you and your family in my prayers.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Sorry to hear about your loss and hardships... know that you'll be in the thought of many here for what solace that might provide.

A bit over a year or year and a half ago my mom came down with IPF. Her pulmonologist got her onto a drug called Esbriet, and the drug company put her into a free program based on age, etc. Although she is on O2 most of the time, it does seem to have slowed the progression quite a bit. Hasn't made her able to get free of the oxygen, but, it has kept her from being as dependent at times and seems to have some improvement. Maybe something to ask about?

Reactions: 2 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Ya , I tried the Esbriet but it made me fell so bad and tired I couldn't take care of my wife. Also tried Ofev with the same results. My lung doctor wants to try a reduced dosage of Ofev. The fact is this is going to kill me but I would rather have quality of life over quantity. Hopefully my son and I will get the truck back out to the track this year - the poor Regal hasn't been out of the garage in three years and debating on selling or not along with the Shay. Thank you all for your support it does me good to talk about it.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Talk about getting expensive

This guy wants $500 for a 7.5 2.29 one legger.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor