80 442 full powertrain swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelvin's80442

Greasemonkey
Apr 19, 2020
Ste Rose Manitoba
Okay awesome!!!! I been thinking really hard on pypes, will order those.
And sweet about lowering front end. Easier than raising the back a bit since swapping out control arms

Reactions: 2 users

Kelvin's80442

Greasemonkey
Apr 19, 2020
Ste Rose Manitoba
Road trip Sunday!!!!!!
20200705_080619.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
The side exit Pypes 2-1/2" system is said to fit well. The rear exit system has gotten some bad reviews. One of the tailpipes has an incorrect bend in it and won't fit without modifications, unless if they have corrected the issue by now. I have the side exit system for my car but haven't installed it yet. It comes with cheap looking saddle type muffler clamps. I will replace them all with stainless band clamps.

Reactions: 1 users

Kelvin's80442

Greasemonkey
Apr 19, 2020
Ste Rose Manitoba
The side exit Pypes 2-1/2" system is said to fit well. The rear exit system has gotten some bad reviews. One of the tailpipes has an incorrect bend in it and won't fit without modifications, unless if they have corrected the issue by now. I have the side exit system for my car but haven't installed it yet. It comes with cheap looking saddle type muffler clamps. I will replace them all with stainless band clamps.

I will be going with side outs and using widow maker mufflers

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I will be going with side outs and using widow maker mufflers
The side outs look better, good call. I assume the Widow Maker mufflers are loud, hence the name?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Do you know whats better than a D Block??
Three D Blocks and a DX Block. View attachment 150940
Tough call, some D blocks have had thicker cylinders and main webs vs DX. The main issue with D blocks was GM didn't tap the threads deep enough and use long enough main bolts in them. Basically sonic checking and measuring will be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor