BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
If they can make handguns and prosthetic limbs, then why not moulding clips. If that's any indication of how strong a 3D produced part or item can be, you got me sold on the concept.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
Generally 3D printing is done in ABS or PLA which would both likely be plenty strong. I'm unfamiliar with how pliable the clips are which may need a different material or printing settings. I definitely think it is doable with minimal effort.

Reactions: 2 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I don't think they need to be super flexible, but this is an interesting idea.

• Agree

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
To be honest, I am not sure if particular ones are more rare than others. In any case I would be willing to model and print any clips anyone might want more/extra of if they were to send them to me or take careful measurements of. I'm not currently anyone near to being that far in my build.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Dan,
I assume you have access to a 3D printer... That's cool!
It's too bad I've already installed the "hard to find" clips. I know I should have purchased a few extras. Oh well, as they say, hindsight is 20/20.

I guess a broken clip would be useless. I may have a few broken ones around. They're generally intact, only for the small locking tab which usually breaks when they're removed.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
To be honest, I am not sure if particular ones are more rare than others. In any case I would be willing to model and print any clips anyone might want more/extra of if they were to send them to me or take careful measurements of. I'm not currently anyone near to being that far in my build.
I may have to send one out to you too try out.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I don't know what the cost per clip would be, but if we could try some and see, I m sure other could use them.

As a side note, I ordered an ACC carpet for the car from rockauto, and managed to order the wrong damn one.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack is so excited that he is repeating himself. ;)
Mike, I didn't catch that right away...sorry about that...I guess I was a little excited...lol!

Reactions: 1 user

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
I don't know what the cost per clip would be, but if we could try some and see, I m sure other could use them.

As a side note, I ordered an ACC carpet for the car from rockauto, and managed to order the wrong damn one.
It wouldn't cost much at all. I would expect shipping would be the dominant cost by far. Let me know if you'd like to and I'll PM you my address. Same goes for anyone else who might see this.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor