BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
It wouldn't cost much at all. I would expect shipping would be the dominant cost by far. Let me know if you'd like to and I'll PM you my address. Same goes for anyone else who might see this.
Well, I'm down, if we can give this a try and you have some time, PM your address and I'll ship one out. We'll start a new thread I guess after the ball is rolling to garner some interest and help the community out.

I

Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Got out there a little last night. I wanted to verify all my power stuff worked, windows, locks, seat, mirrors. I had some issues finding good switches in my pile of parts, but I finally got everything ops checked.

I then started my template for the cruise servo bracket. It's gonna be a tight fit, but I WANT functional cruise control. I'll continue on it tonight after I get home.

Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I love NOS stuff in the box. It's my favorite thing to buy. The real thing.
Me too, NOS stuff usually fits the best.

I did manage to get out in the garage last night, started plasma cutting some steel for the cruise servo bracket. I won't be able to get back at it till Thursday though.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jim,
Does your cruise control setup still use the bracket mounted servo. I would imagine it's different than an old carbureted setup. Probably more electronic than the old antiquated unit.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Jim,
Does your cruise control setup still use the bracket mounted servo. I would imagine it's different than an old carbureted setup. Probably more electronic than the old antiquated unit.
Jack, I'm running the newer set-up right off an 87 GN. It works with the wiring I am running now. Not only that, I don't have a mechanical Speedo anymore.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack, I'm running the newer set-up right off an 87 GN. It works with the wiring I am running now. Not only that, I don't have a mechanical Speedo anymore.
Thanks Jim,
I kinda figured they were different. I've never really seen the newer cruise setups, or knew how they worked.
I would like to go back to cruise control, but refuse to use the original setup. It hadn't worked properly in many years.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
After about 12 hours of plasma cutting, TIG welding, and filing and grinding, I have the cruise control servo bracket made. Having a Buick engine, olds fenders, and pontiac wheel wells, it's a b*tch to get everything to fit. Especially with all the custom stuff I have. So, being an expert level in tetris helps, but here is the bracket.

Servo mounting side
IMG_20161112_114628.jpg
Some decorative holes, the bump is for clearance.

IMG_20161112_114618.jpg

Servo mounted on the bracket.
IMG_20161112_131202.jpg

Mounted in the car.
IMG_20161112_134311.jpg

These are a find from Donovan, thank you my friend. They are the right side vents from a grand prix dash. They are 2 1/16" like my gauges. I'll be redoing my dash using these.

1478995165829-828793856.jpg

I also decided to fabricate my left inner wheel well extension from some 7075 T6 aluminum I had laying around. I wanted to mount the vacuum ball and charcoal canister off of it.

IMG_20161023_154147.jpg

I made the charcoal canister bracket from some scrap aluminum, not super pretty, but it's hidden and functional.

IMG_20161023_154200.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
It all looks great. You and Donovan are pretty awesome with that fabrication.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Top notch work as usual Jim! Everything looks great. I'm envious of some of the high tech toys you've got at your disposal... I might be downright dangerous with access to TiG and plasma... if I had a clue how to use them that is!
Hahaha
Seriously tho, beautiful work. You're making the best out of a packaging nightmare, I don't know how you manage to fit all that stuff in there.

Glad to hear those vents are going to work out for you. Were you at least able to use the plastic splash shield as a template for the aluminum one you made?

Keep up the fine work sir!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor