BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Got the clips, they are NOS, in original packaging. Cheap no,but needed.

IMG_20161101_204053.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jim,
Unfortunately there's no substitute for those clips. I'm glad you got them. I had seen them on Ebay for stupid money...like $6.00 ea. That's absurd.
Were you able to get the ones across the top of the rear hatch glass?

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Jim,
Unfortunately there's no substitute for those clips. I'm glad you got them. I had seen them on Ebay for stupid money...like $6.00 ea. That's absurd.
Were you able to get the ones across the top of the rear hatch glass?
Jack, I paid double that each. But I need them. Now that I have them, I may come up with a viable alternative using some springy metal and push clips.

I did get the clips for across the hatch area. To be honest, I forget where I got them. You put me on on a bunch of good paths and I'm sure I got them from one of those sources.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Dude, get those clips 3D scanned and printed in ABS or whatever - then we can all have some! ;)

Looking awesome.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Dude, get those clips 3D scanned and printed in ABS or whatever - then we can all have some! ;)

Looking awesome.
Funny I was talking about this in work, this exact thing.

Reactions: 1 users

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
I had posted awhile ago about this. I think it would be cool to 3D model all the various clips and put them up on a 3D model sharing site so anyone could print them. if I had the clips I could do the modeling and have access to a 3D printer. I think it would be at least nice for those times where you break one and can then print another instead of buying a whole bunch.

By the way, I'm excited to see you make progress. Its gonna look great!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Guys, it's funny that you mentioned having them duplicated on a 3D printer, I thought the same thing at first. I think it's a great idea.

Jim, come to think of it, I did see the clips for those prices as well. I just thought that they were smoking good sh*t. :eek:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Looking awesome.
I had posted awhile ago about this. I think it would be cool to 3D model all the various clips and put them up on a 3D model sharing site so anyone could print them. if I had the clips I could do the modeling and have access to a 3D printer. I think it would be at least nice for those times where you break one and can then print another instead of buying a whole bunch.

By the way, I'm excited to see you make progress. Its gonna look great!
Would a printed version be strong enough to actually use?

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Guys, it's funny that you mentioned having them duplicated on a 3D printer, I thought the same thing at first. I think it's a great idea.

Jim, come to think of it, I did see the clips for those prices as well. I just thought that they were smoking good sh*t. :eek:
Hahaha. I bet there are 5 or 6 members that can use these, that's 36 clips plus spares.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
If printed in the correct material they will be as good as the injection molded parts, if not better. You can 3D just about any material these days.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor