BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon Update 5/29/14 MORE PICS!!

Thanks guys! It would be cool to live closer to some of the guys on here. :D

Let's hope I get the other side notched and all my stuff welded in today. I want to paint if no later than tomorrow night.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

After 2 15hr Days, with my Father and my son (at times) out there helping, the frame is effectively done. The notch is done, all the doubler plates and bracing is done. I have to mount the adjustable spring cups yet, but I think I am making those removable. I didn't get it last coat of paint on till 12am this morning.

I won't be able to work on it for a few days, so it will be baking in the sun through the week. The finish is Eastwood epoxy primer (tough stuff!) and the Eastwood ceramic chassis black.

7e4agaby.jpg

y4ysy3uq.jpg

zazasumu.jpg

dazepamu.jpg

avavuvyp.jpg

ataryhy6.jpg

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Here are a few pictures from this morning, as I was rolling out for work.

5adurypy.jpg

a5utepu4.jpg

8agabedu.jpg

husahu3u.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon Update 6/2/14 Frame notch and paint!

Wow!! Quite alot of progress. It's great to see that you got all the welding, notching, and bracing done. Things are really coming together. I was under my car the other day to replace my speedo gears, and it looks like sh*t under there.
I would have liked to have lifted the body off and blasted and painted the frame...and do the same with the floor pans, etc.
Then again, it's the space issue...and the vitality issue. :?

Thanks for sharing your pics and updates.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Jack, this is my 3rd wagon (not including parts cars). I wanted to roll everything I liked and wanted in the other 2 and do this one right. It has suffered, since it has been a few years off the road, but it will be a damn nice daily driver for years to come!

in the next 2 weeks I hope to have all the suspension painted and assembled, and get this chassis rolling again.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

Jim,
I know there was some time that you were unable to accomplish much on the car due to other commitments, but you sure are making up for lost time. Keep it coming buddy. :D

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

I am glad to just get this done. I feel your pain!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

After a short mini vacation to OBX, I am back at it. The frame is right side up on the lift, and I an , blasting, painting, new bushings, etc, the parts and suspension. I have all the new MOOG steering painted up, the rear controk arms are rebushed and painted, i am working on the front control arms this week.

Only one pic.

upe3yte8.jpg

Crappy weather this week so I won't get allot done.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor