BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Mike, the mirrors are moved way forward. I tried to get the slant of the mirror to go with the slant on the door frame at the front. They don't stand out as much in my opinion

Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looks awesome Jim!
Glad you're getting some seat time in it finally!!!
Thanks Blake, 500 miles so far. The seat time has made some issues apparent, that I will fix over the winter. But that's to be expected right?

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That's what a good shakedown is all about...to catch all the little things that need attention.

• Agree

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Well, thanks to Mich and Brian, I have four more needed pieces of interior. The B pillars cleaned up with some 600grit and a grey scotch, as did the front and rear roof trim.

I managed to get the b pillars in color. I also painted a few of the roof headliner pieces.

I am still waiting on the headliner material and adhesive.

These pics were right after the SEM low luster clear, so they will flatten out some.
5fdd07090c5b6f8ce9e2629eba9d9342.jpg
9a286cc8a1a932cc2e1d37a71b6a0816.jpg
02fbebe1b80e7c54559fcf2067c0f30f.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Mike, the mirrors are moved way forward. I tried to get the slant of the mirror to go with the slant on the door frame at the front. They don't stand out as much in my opinion

Yeah, I ran out an looked at my wagon to see that... I am going to have to make some hard choices about where my F-body mirrors are going to go. Keep at 'er!

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, I ran out an looked at my wagon to see that... I am going to have to make some hard choices about where my F-body mirrors are going to go. Keep at 'er!
Mike,
Are you going to be using the same style mirrors? I would think being that Pontiac shared similar body lines to the Malibu and El Camino, you can mount the mirrors like a late generation El Camino and use the El Camino base gaskets to get the proper angle.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Mike,
Are you going to be using the same style mirrors? I would think being that Pontiac shared similar body lines you can mount the mirrors like on a later generation El Camino and use the El Camino base gaskets.

Yes, the same power mirrors. Any clue where I could find those Elky base gaskets? All I have at this time are the ones from the donor Camaro and some from a Monte Carlo.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Mike, I pulled my gaskets and mirrors from the you pull it by me. I had 3 sets of mirrors, 3rd gen, Monte SS and Corvette. Over time the gaskets got all put in one box, and I just used the ones that made the mirrors level. Also, the mirrors from each car, the base was different on each set.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mike,
The El Camino gaskets are unique compared to the other model gaskets. They have a sort of "V" cut into them to be able to straddle the upper bodyline.
I had a set of those mirrors, but non-power. I got the gaskets from a member of another forum who graciously gave them to me. I later sold the mirrors complete...I decided not to use them.

The last place I saw those gaskets offered was Lauren Engineering. http://laureneng.com/new-products.html
Scroll down and you'll see them on the right side of the page. I knew I saw them before.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor