Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
A blurry look of what I've been up to today

21jrdwx.jpg

2r7xauo.jpg

10csoph.jpg

i finished today by getting my #5 heads on and torqued down, next is the cam and intake

If anyone knows anything about converting hot air choke to electric choke please chime in because i need to come up with a solution because my OL4B intake has no provision for hot air

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
well everything is installed, has been for a couple weeks. I dealt with a couple issue along the way. I installed the crank gear on the wrong keyway and then got it all back together to find i made a mistake. Took that apart and got that sorted out. Then was dealing with preload issues where i didnt have enough preload and I also had some bent pushrods and also one broken pedestal. I ended up shaving off the bottom of the pedestal to reach the desired amount of preload and I have cut out the valvetrain noise.

Then i was leaking oil from one of my headbolts, removed that then put locktite on that and that is sorted out. I also dealt with a pesky vacuum leak that I solved by doubling up on my carb base gaskets. Anyways its running better than ever, not quite as lobey as I expected it to be. I was in the final stages of tuning before I had to go back to school after break.

Im now just waiting to drive it which sucks because all that work and I can only drive it 20 feet up my driveway :blam:

this video is pre cam, heads, intake and everything else so hopefully ill get a new video this summer and ill get to see the difference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-zr4a-DGhM

PUN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 11, 2012
Great looking Cutlass! Can you tell me more about this radio? What is it out of? What did you have to do to get it mounted? I really like how it fills the space and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
The model came in early 2000 Gmc's among other model. There are two styles one has slide tabs and the other has regular mounts on the side. I just fabbed up some brackets to bolt it into the stock location. I had some issues with getting the radio to sit as far back as possible because of its size and its still not perfect but its ok.

Another thing you might not have noticed is it has the aux input on the front 8) There was a guy on ebay selling customized versions of this radio with all new replacement back lights and an aux input wired in for like 140 bucks so i bought it.

PUN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 11, 2012
Thanks for the reply...so you went with the radio with the side mounts?

Peter said:
The model came in early 2000 Gmc's among other model. There are two styles one has slide tabs and the other has regular mounts on the side. I just fabbed up some brackets to bolt it into the stock location. I had some issues with getting the radio to sit as far back as possible because of its size and its still not perfect but its ok.

Another thing you might not have noticed is it has the aux input on the front 8) There was a guy on ebay selling customized versions of this radio with all new replacement back lights and an aux input wired in for like 140 bucks so i bought it.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
yes i did, i was able to make it work

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
new eye candy!

pretty much as dressed up as it ever will be.

21ew5lz.jpg

24zdoom.jpg

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Looks good like an Olds always does :lol: But I gotta say some nice headers or cleaned up manifolds would complete the look.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Engine looks good, reminds me a lot of mine. Yeah, headers would look nice like he said above, I'd like some for mine too, but they're expensive for an olds powered gbody unless u can find used. U might wanna get the lil breather/filter that goes in the drivers side valve cover so dirt don't get in there. Can prob pick one up at any parts store for about $8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor