'82 Cutlass Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
Ya i tried painting the manifolds a while back and the paint obviously didnt holdup and is chipping. i need to just scrape the paint off and let the manifolds be cuz they dont look bad like that. headers are way too crazy for olds and arent worth the hassle in my opinion.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Peter said:
Ya i tried painting the manifolds a while back and the paint obviously didnt holdup and is chipping. i need to just scrape the paint off and let the manifolds be cuz they dont look bad like that. headers are way too crazy for olds and arent worth the hassle in my opinion.
Ya, normal engine paint won't hold up on manifolds. The higher temp paint and outdoor grill paint seems to do fine tho.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
Evan's 85 said:
Peter said:
Ya, normal engine paint won't hold up on manifolds. The higher temp paint and outdoor grill paint seems to do fine tho.

ya i actually used vhc header paint, i dont recall my prep on them because it was a while ago but it obviously didnt hold up all that well.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I know Eastwood sells a few paints for exhaust manifolds that are supposed to hold up to the heat pretty well, I think most of them are brush on.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
saw somebody talking about dyno 2003 and drag 2003 so i decided to give the programs a try. I did compete calculations on my engine setup and then imported them into drag 2003 and entered all the other data and heres what i got as an estimate.

34pe39d.jpg

i dont think its too shabby for my budget and by my calculations I should be hanging with new camaros.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
updated after finding flow rates for my heads

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
got some summertime pics

2zhegbt.jpg

runrky.jpg

a little dirty but the tandem hanging out together
2qibtrm.jpg

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
time to pay some attention to my transmission. just ordered the transgo shift kit for my 200-4r and the TCI lockup kit to finally hookup my lock up. some have mentioned tci will lug into 4th gear with its lockup, well i have trouble believe my engine will do any lugging with 4.56 gears. anyways my transmission has always felt like mush so time to put some power down and i hear the transgo is good stuff.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
new moog 5658 right after install, maybe another half inch to go
28bw6j7.jpg

blazer spindles
16j4irt.jpg

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
lyv5v.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor