'82 Cutlass Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
7A were late model 307 heads, i currently have 3a heads which are smog heads. I am switching to a smaller CC #5 head which should bump compression about a full point along with better flow. I expect to gain a lot of horse power from the head swap alone. right now i should be sitting around 190-200 hp with stock cam stock heads and just dual exhaust. the #5 heads, performer intake and voodoo cam (not sure how optimistic this is) but im hoping for at least another 100 hp

olds heads link
http://www.442.com/oldsfaq/ofhed.htm

so i got my #5 heads at the machine shop for basic valve grind, new springs all that good stuff and i was going to be looking roughly like 450ish for everything. got a call yesterday that the valve stems and valve guides were too worn and it needed 16 valves and new guides. so now im gonna be looking at something like 750ish 🙁

I was hoping to make out like a bandit with a new top end but my plans of that have gone down the drain as well as my money

:wtf:

ordered my cam and lifters yesterday

Lunati 60801
http://www.lunatipower.com/Product.aspx?id=1721&gid=287

I maybe wanted to choose the bigger 802 or 803 but my car is daily driven in the summer so I figured i would take lunati's word for it and choose the 801. I got my #5 heads back from the machine shop and had the edelbrock valve springs installed on them for the cam selection. also got edelbrock's double roller timing set because i heard that straight up alignment of the timing gears on the stock application is actually retarded and you after to get an aftermarket set to accurately degree the cam at straight up without actually degreeing it .

What kind of tire set up do you have going on. I just bought some 15's and I'm looking for a similar stance.

Beautiful car by the way.

SmokedOutCutt said:
What kind of tire set up do you have going on. I just bought some 15's and I'm looking for a similar stance.

Beautiful car by the way.

thanks

235 60 15 with no rubbing issues and is a good looking tire on 15's, if you wanted you could prob run 245 or 255 in the rear but obviously tire rotation would be limited if you wanted to do that

alright i realize my thread doesnt always have a ton of pics or vids but i have a real treat for you today

just put in the 4.56 today and had to go for a test drive. check the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-zr4a-DGhM

Is that a 7.5 rear with those gears or what did you use? By the way did you ever get those heads installed?

dave1978 said:
Is that a 7.5 rear with those gears or what did you use? By the way did you ever get those heads installed?

yup i bought the 7.5 that had an aftermarket 4.56 richmond gear and and aftermarket posi in it. the heads are going on in the spring along with a lunati cam

finished up preping my intake and heads today take a look

first couple of coats
2e55oj6.jpg

repaired area on the back of the intake manifold. the heater valve location broke in half as well as one of the bolt holes was starting to crack so had both welded beautifully. then re-taped the npt threads for the heater valve
2pzkza0.jpg

the heads
108iyde.jpg

and what good would an olds be without some gold
158b3br.jpg

330e8v4.jpg

2w7jo6e.jpg

Also curious if anyone knows where to start for timing and spark settings. obviously the specs for the heads (1969) would be for a point distributor and i have an HEI. So im assuming i can stick with a .045 or .060 spark gap but which initial timing should i start with? I assume i might start halfway between the 69 setting and the HEI late model setting? I am going to be running a mild Lunati cam and am eliminating EGR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor