Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
thanks

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
since my wheels aren't as nice as i would like them to be, I've decided to go with some chrome rings to cover up some of the rust (which is a lot more than can be seen in the pics) The rings will cover up all imperfections on my wheels aside from the center caps but they aren't in bad condition

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
excuse me i need to go change my pants now...that thing is niiiccee man i liek the red and tan combo. very nice 8)

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
I must admit, the rims look much better in this picture than they really are, i got these rims from the junkyard and the tires were flat, the rims were layin gin the dirt in there is rust all around the outer rim of the wheel, we covered it with souch tough up so it wasn't as noticable but the touch up still stands out a lot, so the only way other than reconditioning the rim, is to just cover it up

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
yeah i have the same wheels on my 83, they have rust on the inner lip..i was thinking maybe a real fine steel wool? what do u guys think? any experience on getting rid of the rust on wheels..whats works good etc

83cut350chev

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2007
Churchville, PA
oh and i also have parts outta an 86 442 if you need any for yours...pretty much a whole car body panels,interior,rally gauges idk just thoguht id let ya know

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
83cut350chev said:
yeah i have the same wheels on my 83, they have rust on the inner lip..i was thinking maybe a real fine steel wool? what do u guys think? any experience on getting rid of the rust on wheels..whats works good etc

it kinda depends, if it is just surface rust, light steel wool should work but in my case the rust was through the chrome and the only way to fix it would have been replating

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
RITTER said:
love the color combination, those rims look nice too

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor