Status
Not open for further replies.

86CutlassUCF

Master Mechanic
Nov 14, 2008
Central FL
86CutlassUCF said:
redsx2434 said:
the cutlass is pretty close to returning to what i like to call the ground, i painted the differential cover and shocks gold to match the wheels and the reoccuring theme of dark red and gold just seems to be working pretty sweet. I need to get one new tire for my car, get it mounted and need to get all my wheels balanced. Probably the last thing i need to do before it goes on the road is grease the joints...getting close feels good

and i thought i got a good deal...VERY nice for $700...do you have any pics of the painted diff cover?

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
nah i dont, its not a ton to see really but it just looks kinda cool in gold

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
i did mine yesterday in aluminum color paint, it looks pretty good.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
new gauges
2ltsje1.jpg

sex7j6.jpg

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
haven't posted much in a while figured i would

2en0tpi.jpg

evdrx4.jpg

the wiring and all that jazz has gotten neater since this pic

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
nice! what is that q-jet from?

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
bought off summit. its a holley rebuilt qjet. only costed 250 (if i remember right) so i figured it was well worth avoiding any issues buying one and rebuilding when the price probably wouldn't be all that different

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
so i came home for the long presidents day weekend and uncovered my car and then opened my ashtray and forgot to close it so it killed the battery, fair enough. then the next day go out there and find that it has been killed so i try to charge it that fails, try to jump it and that fails and it turns out the battery getting drained that one time killed the battery for good. this is the same battery that didn't even need to be charged between my engine swap and started it right up the first time so i though that was kind of weird but anyways walmart gave me a new battery for free so that was cool. i also fixed my shift linkage this weekend, before my shifted wasn't in the right position when the car was actually in reverse so the reverse lights weren't going to be on when i was backing up so i sorted that out by replacing the linkage from my old donor car and i should be all set to pass inspection now when im ready to register it. i also got a couple of pics that i just took of my new radio in the car with the bezel i just bought from another member of the forum. anyways here are a couple pics of the radio

1zwzna.jpg

1zezgjt.jpg

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
so now I have had my car on the road for the summer with the 350 and I have been enjoying having an ounce of power for once in the car. It was fun having something under my foot but I am feeling the need for speed some here (I thought I would be good with the stock 350, silly me) I am buying a set of #5 heads from a late 60's small block for 200 shipped and planon doing them this winter. I talked to a machinist (the best around) and he said with these heads and them being designed for leaded gas, if they are sealing now; I could very well be better off not doing a 3 angle valve job because the valve seats have been tempered through the years and now would be more applicable to todays unleaded gas. This would obviously be friendly to my budget and I am hoping i can walk out of the machinist with this being the case. any input here? I am planning on getting new valve seals and stiffer springs and after that i want to be all set with these heads (along with expanding the head bolt holes to 1/2 inch) I want to add a mild cam to the engine to go along with the heads and the older edelbrock OL4B intake that i picked up for cheap.

any input on what else i might want to do with the upgrades, lifters timing chain,etc. as of now i kind of want to stick with the timing chain that i have if I find when i get it apart that there is no unusual slack. Also i keep hearing of non metal timing gears, not sure if there is any truth to any of this. anyways any input would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor