'82 Cutlass Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

350_85cutty

Master Mechanic
Sep 2, 2007
West, TX
my dad had a 81 that maroon color, it was V6 car with no options, i think it did have AC and he put one of those pop up sunroofs on it! that was the coolest part of the car, this was back in the early 90's and i was still a kid, i grew up in that car, that's when I feel in love with Cutlass Supremes, but anyway yeah your the other only cutty i've seen with that lower chrome rocker trim piece. It's a nice lil touch, my dads car is now my parts car and I took that piece off and put it on my 85 as well as the rims that i had powdercoated black.

backview.jpg

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Thanks guys, does that piece just have little sheetmetal screws that hold it in place or what?

350_85cutty

Master Mechanic
Sep 2, 2007
West, TX
yeah, can't remember what size, maybe 1/4 inch and no longer than a 1/2 inch i think. I just used the ones that came with it. It will bolt right on, if you look under your car, you'll notice the rocker panel has holes already in place just line em up and bolt on.

phaZe

Greasemonkey
Aug 16, 2008
I got an '81 Cutlass Supreme. Body is pretty much perfect besides a dent on the passenger side fender that can be popped back out if you pull the fender off. The driver side plastic bumper cover got pushed in a bit, but again you can fix that if you take the time. No rust, all original except the rebuilt engine and rims/tires.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
that's nice too. Just sold my second Cutlass this year just the other day. Damn!

Footbrake

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 3, 2006
Buffalo, New York
vinyl top

If you do ever decide to remove the top, you will have to replace the quarter windows with quarter windows from a non-vinyl top car or there will be a gap. Done this 6 times now. Just thought you'd like the info

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
my insurance will be paying for some fresh color on my passanger side door and fender so ill be sure to post some nice pics once its done, it'll be sure to be looking good

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
my car went into the body shop on monday. the hood, passenger fender and passenger door are getting painted and its going to cost me about 600 out of pocket which is alright i guess...I'll be sure to get some pictures after my car is done hopefully by friday.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
jhtth5.jpg

about an hour before getting my car stuck in a ditch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor