'83 Cutlass Cruiser Build Thread

Been debating adding the vinyl woodgrain trim around the car once it's painted. Should I do it?

• Yes, that wagon needs woodgrain

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No, leave that wagon smooth and simple.

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Cars still look great, glad you’re able to get out and enjoy the wagon after all the time and effort you put into it!

great to hear that you’re still off the coffin nails.As an ex smoker, I’ll say that you have a couple more months to go and it’ll start getting better. I threw mine outalmost 10 years ago now and haven’t looked back. Hang in there, just like all the work on the wagon, it’ll be worth it in the end!

Reactions: 3 users

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
All tucked in until spring.
Hopefully in a few years I'll be able to play all winter in a heated garage, but until then it's hibernation time again...

78112750_523807468466296_812732585498116096_n.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
All tucked in until spring.
Hopefully in a few years I'll be able to play all winter in a heated garage, but until then it's hibernation time again...

View attachment 129500
No heat in that nice garage? Did you ever look into a heating system for it? Theres a lot of not very expressive options out there today. Sounds like a good non G project to me.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I'm in a townhome and the garage is surrounded on all sides, which keeps it above freezing...
I can't run a furnace as I have nowhere to vent it and no gas supply without major modifications thru the house.
The electric can barely support more than my little space heater, so I would need to upgrade for that.
The 35 year old garage door lets in a draft when it's windy...
So when it comes to spending money on non-essential upgrades to a place that I don't plan on staying in, I can wait.
Even if it was warm there's still the issue of space, and without pulling one of the cars out or having the door open it's hard to be productive.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Blake,
All in all, it looks like the cars are well sheltered. Compared to what some guys have to contend with....car ports, pole barns, tents, etc,
The lack of heat part kinda sucks, but you gotta do what's within your power....and budget. Try insulating the garage door and try to seal out any drafts, etc.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
It's really not worth the time/effort/money... A couple old towels cover the gaps on exceptionally cold days.
It's warm enough at my work bench for me to goof around with my model cars, so that's all I really need...

Reactions: 5 users
Nov 4, 2012
Hey Blake, I faced similar situation with heat, only having 120V, nowhere to vent, etc. I looked into a big ceiling mounted heater but it would've been a lot of work. I also looked into a wood stove but it would've been even more work.

I wanted something that wasn't permanent and wouldn't draw a lot of electrical load so I just picked up one of these $100 propane heaters from Home Depot and it works better than expected. I was worried about the fumes and the possible humidity, but I keep a CO detector and a hygrometer in the garage and it hasn't been an issue. It does produce a bit of a smell, but it's pretty mild. I'm sensitive to headaches and it hasn't bothered me. I can get my 32x20 garage up to 75°F or even warmer very quickly. It works very well for my application, just thought I'd let you know.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Those are against HOA rules as well as firecode since we're in attached residences...

If I do anything (which I doubt), I'd put a screen door on so I can leave the basement door open and let the house warm up the garage without the cats sneaking out...
But again, there just isn't enough room to justify it.

Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
Those are against HOA rules as well as firecode since we're in attached residences...

If I do anything (which I doubt), I'd put a screen door on so I can leave the basement door open and let the house warm up the garage without the cats sneaking out...
But again, there just isn't enough room to justify it.

I see, I figured I'd just let you know.

I have an indoor cat too, she also likes to dart out into the garage.

Reactions: 1 user

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Ho Ho Ho! Tis the season for car parts!
NOS dome lite lens to replace the original that crumbled in my hand a few days after I bought the car lol

79960518_2551170445166877_5383471858899222528_n.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor