'83 Cutlass Cruiser Build Thread

Been debating adding the vinyl woodgrain trim around the car once it's painted. Should I do it?

• Yes, that wagon needs woodgrain

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No, leave that wagon smooth and simple.

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You are very welcome! Now get that thing painted!

Not a ton accomplished on the wagon since the last update.

I sprayed some sealer on my 442 hood and then I went up north to a friends cabin for almost a week.
Getting into crunch time, but the annual cabin trip is some much needed r & r...

Got back on it yesterday and finished the first blocking on the passenger side 1/4 panel.
A few little spots need a bit more filler before the next coat of primer.
With that side knocked down, I got most of the driver side 1/4 done as well.
Instead of finishing it today, I got distracted and wet sanded the 442 hood.
I keep forgetting to write the paint codes down, but it's ready to spray once I order up the color and some clear.

Been a bit slow at the plant so we ended up getting thursday and friday off, so 5 day weekend! :banana:
Usually I head up to the race track Labor Day weekend, but the forecast is already calling for rain up north so I'm not going to bother.
We got rained out last year for the first time in the 12 years that I've gone. Don't feel like sitting in the truck all weekend...

So that means I've got a bunch of time to throw at the wagon!
Tomorrow I'll finish blocking out the drivers 1/4 and throw some filler on the spots on the 1/4's and tailgate that need it.
Then I'll be ready for the second coat of surfacer.

I want the car ready to paint by the end of the month, and I think I've got a fairly good plan...
I might need to ramp up my pace a little bit, but this weekend will be a great help.
The 442 hood might steal another day or two, but that's the way it goes...

WP_001286.jpg

WP_001287.jpg

WP_001288.jpg

Blake,
I hope you're able meet your goal. :wax: We're anxious to see some paint on the car.:popcorn:

Looks good Blake, I must say I have the same plan, to get the wagon to paint at the end of the month, and I too have to ramp up the pace a bit.

Finished blocking out the 1/4 panels today.
I also threw some filler on a few spots that needed it and got that sanded down.
Just need to make a pass around the edges and they're ready to shoot some more surfacer.
Once they're blocked out for the second time I can seal the roof, 1/4's, gate and doors all at once.
Then I'll turn my attention back to the front clip...

WP_001290.jpg

WP_001291.jpg

WP_001292.jpg

I got mine painted before you and liquidh8! Nana boo boo stick your head in doo doo 😛 :mrgreen: 😉:wax: Well, half of it anyways. On a serious note though, I'm on the edge of my seat to see the paint on this wagon. I check yours and his thread twice a day

• Agree
Reactions: Blake442 and drogg1
I told you I had to wait and see how yours turned out so I knew how nice I need to make it! :wax:
Getting close to two years now since I pulled the car apart... 😱 But there's light at the end of the tunnel!

A bit too hot out to shoot any primer the past few days...
Yesterday I blocked out the hood and I spent today doing more filler work on all the spots I had missed...
I'll probably start blocking out the fenders tomorrow.
The forecast says rain, so I guess I'll keep sanding since everything else is just waiting for more primer...

WP_001294.jpg

WP_001295.jpg

lookin good blake! add me to the "can't wait to see it in paint" list! :popcorn:

Got the first round of sanding done on the fenders today.
Like the other panels, there's some spots on each that need a bit more attention.
That can wait for another time though... Tuesday I'll start priming.

WP_001296.jpg

Made a lot of progress over the extra long weekend!
Getting closer and closer!

Reactions: Longroof79
Took Labor Day off to relax and then went back at it yesterday.
I only made it as far as rolling it forward to the door and blowing all the dust off of it so I could start masking.
Then I got distracted and ended up messing around with the Buick...
So I guess tomorrow I'll mask it up and shoot some more surfacer on the 1/4's and tailgate.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor