'83 Cutlass Cruiser Build Thread

Been debating adding the vinyl woodgrain trim around the car once it's painted. Should I do it?

• Yes, that wagon needs woodgrain

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No, leave that wagon smooth and simple.

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cant wait to see it all together!!

Well I have gotten almost all of my remaining parts prepped for paint.
My rear bumper fillers were beginning to crack more than I had thought, so I swapped them for another set I have.
Just need to wash and scuff the fronts and rears and I'm ready to spray!
Need to order up some more sealer, color and clear...
I hope to be able to shoot everything next week.

Well thanks for following along!

There is a bunch of stuff to order, but I'm having a hard time staying focused long enough to actually do it...
I need to sit down and make a good thorough list of what parts and materials I have to get.
I remembered yesterday that the main front bumper filler piece is still attached to the bumper... 😳
And since my truck was put out to pasture a few months ago, I'll have to enlist some help to get the bumpers back to the shop.
I thought I could get the hang of a newer daily driver, but I just can't stand this Impala I got. I really tried...
I mean, it's a nice car, quiet, good mileage... but that's all... It's ****ing boring and I can't haul big stuff with it and I hate fwd and Bleh.
The title finally came in the mail last week so hopefully it'll sell fast and I can get something I can haul with again.
I've been eyeballing a couple '94-'96 Roadmaster wagons to turn my frown upside down... :banana:

Yeah, those Roadmasters are nice wagons. They're comfortable road cars, great tow cars and haulers.
I had considered one at one time. I kinda miss not having a hauler that I could just throw sh*t in the back and not worry about screwing up the interior.

Last edited:
Didn't get anything done on the wagon last week because one of our kitties wasn't doing so hot...

This morning after work I recruited my buddy to drag my front bumper out to the shop so I could tear it apart.
Since this bumper is from up here and not Texas I soaked the daylites out of the bolts and let it sit.
While I waited on that to work it's magic, I finally sat down and made good lists of what I have left to do and what I have left to buy.
Both lists were longer than I'd like them to be...😱 lol
The bumper came apart with no major fuss.
Victory of the day was getting the plastic impact strip off without breaking it!
We have a four-day weekend coming up, but I'm just gonna relax for this one and let the old batteries recharge a bit...
I'll start ordering up parts and materials so I can get back at it next week. Certainly no shortage of stuff to keep me busy!
The short list for now is finish painting my trim and fillers, fix the body mount bolts, and then start with the sand and buff... :wax:
Merry X-mas & Happy Holidays!

If you pick up a Roadmaster, I have a set of 12" B-body spindles, 1LE rotors and calipers. 20 years ago, it was the solution for G-body baby brakes. By the time I rounded up all the parts, I discovered they add an inch on each side in track width and provide bonus bump steer on a G-body. Then the Blazer concept emerged.... The upside is that you can redrill your rear axle shafts to a 5x4-3/4" pattern and use some G-body rims on your Roadbarge...

Ordered up a bunch of parts today...
Window sweeps, weather stripping, door panel clips, window trim clips, door handles, license plate pocket and other bits I'll need.
...even though I should've been ordering the materials I need to finish painting, sanding and buffing, but that's besides the point...

Didn't work on the car at all since last week.
I enjoyed relaxing for my 4 day weekend, but I admit I was starting to feel a little antsy by day 3 haha
Being on the nite shift is something I've gotten used to over the years, but getting days off in the middle of the week always ****s me up.
It's tricky when it's time for dinner and my body thinks it's past my bed time... nap on the couch and then I'm wide awake until 7am...
Lucky for me we've got another one this weekend too and I can spend some time on the wagon since all the visitors are gone.
We're supposed to get a big dump of snow tonite, so I may or may not go out to the shop tomorrow.
I'll order up some materials tomorrow once my wallet stops smoking... 😱

Reactions: liquidh8
Just ordered up more supplies.
Primer sealer, buffing pads and compounds. I hope I have enough sandpaper on hand. I don't want to buy more if I don't have to.
Still need more color and clear but I'll order that up this week so I can hopefully shoot all my fillers and trim next weekend...

Today I worked on stripping the backside of the main front bumper filler piece.
Got it cleaned up good enough and hit it with the few coats of Rustoleum.
It's 100% unseen when assembled so I didn't feel the need to get carried away with it...
I'll strip the top side tuesday and it should be ready for paint.

Some of my parts started showing up over the past couple days.
My door seals from Metro came super fast again since they're about 15 miles away.
The license plate pocket was 1/3 hanging out of an unsealed bag in the box and of course it has a nick in the edge of it. 🙄
Also the black paint is very thin along the bottom portion and I will need to respray it. I'm not impressed for $62...
I got door handles for $5.55 a piece and they look great, so that made me happy. The rest of my stuff should be here monday.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor