'83 Cutlass Cruiser Build Thread

Been debating adding the vinyl woodgrain trim around the car once it's painted. Should I do it?

• Yes, that wagon needs woodgrain

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No, leave that wagon smooth and simple.

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow Blake you're getting close to that last long stretch to finish. :banana:Loving the color.
T

Reactions: Blake442
I have been getting most of my stuff from www.autobodytoolmart.com
Sand paper, tape, primer, etc. has all come from them.
I got my color and clear from a local auto body supplier so I could have them tweak the color if it wasn't right.
My buddy whose place I have the car at has an account so it made it super convenient.

As far as wagon updates go...
Tuesday I stripped the top-side of the main front bumper filler piece. Cleaned up good enough.
My fuel filler door had some good marks in it from the stripper wheel so I shot a few coats of surfacer on it this morning.
Brought my smaller filler pieces home last week and cleaned them up with warm water and gave them a rub down with a scuff pad.
Got them back to the shop today and buzzed down a few areas that needed a little more attention with my little d.a.
Decided I'm going to shoot some primer on all the bumper filler pieces to hide whatever sins are left over before painting them.
I'll tackle that on Saturday. This will give my wallet a little more time to recuperate before I have to order up more color and clear.
Sorry for the lack of pictures, between dead phone batteries and not having much visual payoff I've been slacking...

Spent today knocking down all the little dust nibs and a few runs I had in the paint.
Haven't gotten my latest batch of supplies yet so I couldn't prime my filler pieces.
I'll order up my color and clear this week so I can finally finish painting my remaining parts.
Once I'm done spraying I'll start with the sanding and buffing... :wax:

Reactions: liquidh8
You dragging this out Blake, get that thing done! :banana: haha, you are definitely ahead of me. I can't wait to see some pics of it all done!

Let me guess Blake, a little too cold to spend time in shop sanding and buffing? I think the high today was -6 or something like that?

Reactions: Blake442
I know, I know!
It's nice and toasty in the shop... though cold like this doesn't help!
Had a busy week but not with the wagon unfortunately.
Spent Tuesday cleaning up the Impala so some folks could come look at it Wednesday.
They liked what they saw and after having it inspected, bought it Thursday morning. :banana:
I immediately turned around and bought an awesome '96 Roadmaster wagon!
Unfortunately the screen on my laptop stopped working so I can't post some pictures of it...

So Saturday I was all geared up to prime and paint my bumper fillers and stuff but when i got there my buddy had forgotten to order up the paint!
I tried to salvage the day by painting the forward and lower 1/4 window trim that's black, but it was of little consolation.

No updates for the wagon this week.
Been spending my time learning my way around my newly purchased wagon, and addressing some items it needs.

I brought it home last Friday and then Saturday morning the starter went out. :doh:
If it were 70* out this wouldn't be a big deal. But when it's 0* I'm not laying on my back in the driveway...
So unfortunately I had to shell out the big bucks for somebody to do it for me.
Didn't get it back until Wednesday. Drove it around the next day and the exhaust is getting louder.
Thursday nite the brakes started making noise and yesterday one of the sway bar links broke.
Put a set of pads on it today only to find a drained reservoir and an unplugged brake lite switch.
Fill it up and plug it in and sure enough the lite on the dash is on and it's leaking along the frame...
Good thing I sold that nice, low-mile Impala! lol
Even with the issues I'm still way happier with it than I was with the Chevy. I mean just look at it!

WP_001506.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor