83 SS bench to bucket and column to console questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

85ssmonte

n00b
Nov 3, 2017

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mikester if you don’t mind me asking what are the measurements of the homemade shifter mount
I notice it's your first post. Why not do an introduction and join the group before asking questions?

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Mikester if you don’t mind me asking what are the measurements of the homemade shifter mount

It might take me a few days to take the measurements because the car is tight in my garage next to my wagon but I'll post them as soon as I can. Maybe even tomorrow night.

85ssmonte

n00b
Nov 3, 2017
It might take me a few days to take the measurements because the car is tight in my garage next to my wagon but I'll post them as soon as I can. Maybe even tomorrow night.
Awesome I have the same shifter the B&M quicksilver and want to use the factory console

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Sorry its taken this long to get back to this but the cars kinda buried in my garage.
I couldnt get exact measurements because the carpets snug around the mount. I took the console out to try to get a better view but its still not that great. The mount is 9" long and 2 5/8" wide. Its angled down from back to front. The backs about 2 1/4" and the front is about 1 1/2".

I would get some heavy poster board and start with those measurements. Bend it up so it looks like what I made and adjust from there. It didnt take that long to make the mock up. The front mounting bracket is a ready made console bracket from Mikes Montes that I bent to fit how I needed it. I think its the bracket for a console without the factory shifter but its been a few years so I might be wrong.
Once everything was bent up it all had to be adjusted anyway. The tabs that were on the bottom are about 5/8" wide. We bent the crap out of them so they followed the shape of the floor. Thats why they have cuts in them. To make them easier to bent to the shape.

I hope this helps. At least you have the photos and some measurements. I started with nothing. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor