84' Cutlass pro touring build

Had to bite the bullet and order new grills. Very nice quality and made of abs plastic. They weigh 4 ounces more than originals if this matters.
20240108_175223.jpg

Did all the prep and hit them with satin black. Shame but that's the shakes of my game plan.
20240110_090259.jpg
20240110_090402.jpg

I'm on the fence with the hood emblem on the tiny speer. Would you keep it or modify to just keep the speer ? It's just more work and at this point.... I've heard many times that the last 10% of a build takes the most time. Proving true.
20240110_090344.jpg
20240110_090355.jpg

Looking great Tony!

Personally if it were me, I would look at deleting the ornament. It no longer really suits the direction you’ve gone with on the car. I did the same thing on Olds Cool, deleted the ornament and kept just the spear. I didn’t reuse the existing spear however, I took another spare hood spear and cut the back section of it off, flipped it around, and made the angle of the cut match the original hood spear.

Looking forward to seeing how/what you’re going to do with yours.

Looking great Tony!

Personally if it were me, I would look at deleting the ornament. It no longer really suits the direction you’ve gone with on the car. I did the same thing on Olds Cool, deleted the ornament and kept just the spear. I didn’t reuse the existing spear however, I took another spare hood spear and cut the back section of it off, flipped it around, and made the angle of the cut match the original hood spear.

Looking forward to seeing how/what you’re going to do with yours.
I believe your post in Olds Cool is what gave me the idea. I'll go back and research per usual. I think I could use a Dremel to grind out the offending part and massage it with some metal filler and sand as needed. Of course I will show results when completed.

Last edited:
Sleeper = Hood Emblem.
Sleeper?? Nah. Remove the rear bumper and replace it with a section of 2 x 6. Get a door for passenger side, light green would be good. Kick it and put a nice big dent in it, use a 2x4 to knock the mirror off. Take some red and black primer, paint some "rust" on bottom edge of drivers door and bottom edge of trunk. Remove key lock from trunk and bungie it closed to the 2x6 bumper.

Some latex multiple colors paint splashed on. Duct tape a piece of trash bag over one of the rear 1/4 Windows. Tear the emblem on the hood off, make sure only the spring sticks up. Then some cheap bright chrome "spinners" hub caps, preferably lighted. Then take hammer to one the grills or better yet, attach a few pieces of the old ones to the edges. Duct tape the hood closed.

And there you go... 8.5 in the 1/4 mile sleeper...

you wouldn't by chance have templates of the pieces you cut for the whole concole would you. I have a 80 Bu with buckets in it now with no console Man yours looks great

Reactions: Tony1968

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor