84 Grand National lq4 turbo swap

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
That’s going to be TIGHT around the battery.

The ECU glove mount box looks promising, but I’d recommend against. Reason being that you have a bunch of wires that are going to have to flex every time you open and close it. I see you have all of the HVAC system, which doesn’t give you a lot of room. Solid mount would be a bunch better.

Do you need the glove box to be functional?

Reactions: 1 users

Rodknok

Greasemonkey
Jun 14, 2022
That’s going to be TIGHT around the battery.

The ECU glove mount box looks promising, but I’d recommend against. Reason being that you have a bunch of wires that are going to have to flex every time you open and close it. I see you have all of the HVAC system, which doesn’t give you a lot of room. Solid mount would be a bunch better.

Do you need the glove box to be functional

I'm going to have to squeeze a 3inch intercooler pipe by that battery. Will be tight. The glove box doesn't have to be useable only planning to keep my paperwork in it at most. Also I have all the factory ac components so not much of an area to flush mount the ecu. I was hoping the wiring was long enough to make it to the factory ecu location but it was too short. Also I had an idea to mount it under the center console but same thing was too short.

Reactions: 1 user

Rodknok

Greasemonkey
Jun 14, 2022
Finishing up wiring the new gauges. Fun fun fun
IMG_20230526_163724249_HDR.jpg

They look good with the red back light
IMG_20230526_164947399_HDR.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Rodknok

Greasemonkey
Jun 14, 2022
Man this intercooler pipe bearly fits. But none the less I have enough clearance to keep the tiny 51r battery under the hood. Going to have to move my Bov though. Back to work for me.
IMG_20230526_211705685_HDR.jpg

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
The glove box doesn't have to be useable only planning to keep my paperwork in it at most. Also I have all the factory ac components so not much of an area to flush mount the ecu. I was hoping the wiring was long enough to make it to the factory ecu location but it was too short. Also I had an idea to mount it under the center console but same thing was too short.

If you don't care about using the glove box, then cut the entire plastic paper holder off so that the space that it occupies behind behind the glove box can be used to make a solid mount. That way you can open the box to access the ECU. Use the center console for your glovebox items.

Reactions: 1 users

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
following... i just stuffed in a LS in my parts car that i had laying around. for now its N/A but i left the room for the turbo. man its all fits tight i see but nice job what are you using for a computer?

Reactions: 1 user

Rodknok

Greasemonkey
Jun 14, 2022
following... i just stuffed in a LS in my parts car that i had laying around. for now its N/A but i left the room for the turbo. man its all fits tight i see but nice job what are you using for a computer?
Thank you been a long running project, I'm running a Holley terminator x max ecu.

Rodknok

Greasemonkey
Jun 14, 2022
Finally got the battery and intercooler pipes squared away. Need to get a mount for the battery and clean up the wiring some more. As of now it has dual batteries but cranks just fine off of the little battery only so I'm not worried about running the car at the track off just the little battery.
IMG_20230528_013612386_HDR.jpg

Rodknok

Greasemonkey
Jun 14, 2022
Finished up my brakes booster and rhd blazer master cylinder and new disc/disc proportioning valve. Really wanted to keep my hydroboost but it didn't work well and I couldn't find a replacement for it.
IMG_20230528_224258075.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor