Not open for further replies.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
88hurstolds said:
What Lightning Rods parts?
Im not a store... :lol:
I have a good set of nobs with no issues for $75, thats it.

Lol I gotcha bud, but if you can make the rods magically appear with those knobs and maybe a cable too, that would be friggin awesome 8) no rush lol

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
olds307 and 403 said:
l have only heard bad things about Mondello since Joe stopped running the business. Also talk to Smitty at MJ Proformance in Ohio and Jim at J and S Machine in Michigan. They have a good reputation plus build and race Olds powered cars. I like the Fast set up but there is no timing control. The MSD allows timing control but you need their 6A box. Accel also has a similar set up with ignition control. Talk to Mark, Cutlassefi on Olds Power and Classic Olds website. He converted has Olds 350 to multi port fuel injection, is an Accel dealer and expert on these systems.

Ok thanks for the nods, will contact those guys asap. Good info the efi stuff too.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
olds307 and 403 said:
l have only heard bad things about Mondello since Joe stopped running the business. Also talk to Smitty at MJ Proformance in Ohio and Jim at J and S Machine in Michigan. They have a good reputation plus build and race Olds powered cars. I like the Fast set up but there is no timing control. The MSD allows timing control but you need their 6A box. Accel also has a similar set up with ignition control. Talk to Mark, Cutlassefi on Olds Power and Classic Olds website. He converted has Olds 350 to multi port fuel injection, is an Accel dealer and expert on these systems.

Ok thanks for the nods, will contact those guys asap. Good info the efi stuff too.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I have considered efi but spending 2 grand on efi for a 2 grand car, probably won't happen. My engine build will be tough enough to justify. Your car is a more valuable and a better starting point.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
88hurstolds said:
Rods?
Are you missing the whole shifter? :lol:
Ive got a used cable here, posted the nobs too:
http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35867

88 the p.o. took em out and did god knows what with them, along with other parts to the tune of I'm gonna be doing more mod than resto. 8) :p :cry: yep every emotion.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
olds307 and 403 said:
I have considered efi but spending 2 grand on efi for a 2 grand car, probably won't happen. My engine build will be tough enough to justify. Your car is a more valuable and a better starting point.

Idk about that one, maybe if it was completely stock but if that was the case I wouldn't touch the damn thing. If that was the case I would do a complete original factory type resto. I feel like there is no $$$ amount to much to spend on something I love, so if you love your car screw the people that tell you otherwise.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
84clonewars said:
88hurstolds said:
Rods?
Are you missing the whole shifter? :lol:
Ive got a used cable here, posted the nobs too:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35867

88 the p.o. took em out and did god knows what with them, along with other parts to the tune of I'm gonna be doing more mod than resto. 8) :p :cry: yep every emotion.
That sucks, they come up for sale cheap on eBay every now and then but they're hit or miss. I've gotten quite a few of them needing TLC and had to put parts into them.
Brian at gbodyparts might be reproducing them soon with Kirban I believe.

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
88hurstolds said:
BTR Bill will help you with options.

He's a great guy. He has a very real world approach to things. He helped me out a lot with planning out my heads. Never once did he talk down to me or anything like that. Plus his shop is only about an hour from me, which was awesome haha.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Ok so after careful planning and conversing I think I may be able to get my hands on a rebuilt 403 for dirt cheap, cross your fingers and pray for my luck fellers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor