BUILD THREAD 84 Hurst Olds - TechG8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I say a 424 ci stroked Olds 350. If you build one like Cutlassefi's first one, you can have 400 hp and 500 ft/lbs of torque, it was 9 to 1 compression with a mild roller cam, you could still run the CCC. If you could find a set of the rare 69 5A 350 heads or add "A" to set of 5 heads would really fool people. Of course that still leaves the 2004R and mighty 7.5" rear end.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Sorry, I thought Ken had an 83, then he only needs 2 grand into the 2004R.

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
hahaha love the responses. I really am torn. I will probably keep this car as original as possible. Ive got another more wild project up my sleeve that may get the big engine and all that....

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
hahaha love the responses. I really am torn. I will probably keep this car as original as possible. Ive got another more wild project up my sleeve that may get the big engine and all that....

Yeah, we love spending your money for ya! Plenty of good ideas around this place though . . . when you need them?

Reactions: 1 users

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
I had Safelite come out to the house and install the front windshield. I could have done it myself but for not that much more money I didn't have to do anything and got a warranty.

I hope to make some real progress this winter. Im so tempted to just tear it all apart and build it back up. but I am torn. I could just work on paint and run it as is. I am not really wanting to get under water on this car. Itll never be a showcar so how far should I go to have a cool driver? My thing is generally to get things mechanically sound and beat it up driving hard. then worry about paint etc.

DSCN2146.JPG
DSCN2147.JPG

Reactions: 6 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I had Safelite come out to the house and install the front windshield. I could have done it myself but for not that much more money I didn't have to do anything and got a warranty.

I hope to make some real progress this winter. Im so tempted to just tear it all apart and build it back up. but I am torn. I could just work on paint and run it as is. I am not really wanting to get under water on this car. Itll never be a showcar so how far should I go to have a cool driver? My thing is generally to get things mechanically sound and beat it up driving hard. then worry about paint etc.
JMO, but IIRC, you got the interior pretty well cleaned up, right? I'd MAYBE do a little cut-in paint work in the T-top area and door jambs because 1) It won't be that much paint work, and 2) the jambs and window frame, t-top areas would be DONE. Later on you wouldn't have to worry about that section any longer when it comes to paint. Just tape it off and go. If you're not worried about it being a showcar, then the potential difference in shade of silver wouldn't be any issue. Even if it was just a hair off, nobody would likely notice once you got the whole car painted later. JUST AN IDEA.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
It looks like it needs the hood, front header and probably the trunk painted to be a nice driver. As said, tape off and never look back, buff it up and enjoy it. I know the the factory exhaust is "special" but it really isn't, the factory crossover is horrible. I know Double V ran mid 15's, versus factory low 16's with just dual exhaust. I say Thornton stainless shorty's and true dual exhaust. Olds gained 30 hp with ram air, headers and slightly better exhaust, too bad it never made production. You can keep the awesome exhaust tucked away, if you are worried about, since they no longer make it.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor