BUILD THREAD 84 Hurst Olds - TechG8

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR HURST 84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2018
Well.....from my experience with a certain vendor, it's hard enough to get the parts in the first place, let alone exchange something that's wrong. I went through hell just getting a refund for the wrong part sent and I've read a whole lot of horror stories from a certain vendor. I got more excuses than the time it would take to fix the issue. That may have changed, but seemingly it may not have.

No it's still the same. I went through that with a power window switch for my Hurst. I did get the correct part after several emails. Then just the other day they sent me another one, a month after the problem was corrected. I guess I have two now.

Last edited:

DR HURST 84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2018
Well.....from my experience with a certain vendor, it's hard enough to get the parts in the first place, let alone exchange something that's wrong. I went through hell just getting a refund for the wrong part sent and I've read a whole lot of horror stories from a certain vendor. I got more excuses than the time it would take to fix the issue. That may have changed, but seemingly it may not have.

I would make things a lot easier if they had customer service on the phone.

DR HURST 84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2018
Hoping for the best where that is concerned...They sent a return label in reasonable time, and I sent the part back so now its just a matter on their end.

Adding a pic of the grills and headlamp doors re-blacked. Cleaning things like this up really adds to the overall appearance of the car.

View attachment 115702

Looks nice!

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
I received my Headliner material today and I am very pleased with the look of the Bordeaux color.

I got it from "autointeriorsupply" on Ebay. It looks as described and arrived quickly. Excellent experience.

Here is the link:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=223445553275

It is not as red as the original maple cloth but it is not as dark or purple as a burgundy.

It matches the redyed plastic pieces very closely.

I used the 3M professional 77 adhesive and laid the fabric on.

DSCN2383.JPG

With all the interior installed and in place, the car looks great!

DSCN2387.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
OH and miracle of miracles!!!!!!

I now have a functioning 4th gear!

Previously I wasn't getting a 3-4 shift. Now I am. Crazy, I know!

I can only imagine that some small grit was sticking the 3-4 shift valve. Or the valve was just stuck somehow. It must have washed out or loosened up via vibration.

So glad I will not have to pull the transmission again!

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
UPDATE:

I have reveived my drivers side wing tip exchange from GbodyParts. It wasn't what I would call a quick exchange, but everytime I emailed them for information, I received an update and status info. All is well that ends well. Now I can build the wing and prep it for paint.

I used aircraft stripper to remove the paint from the hood bump. then washed it off with water and baking soda. sanded it 180. Applied body filler to the uneven portions and smoothed it all out with 400grit. Its ready for primer and paint.

I did drive the car today and it went great with no complaints. T Tops off!

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Ah, the T-top life!!!! Get the baby bump on that hood!!!!! (and don't forget to plug that extra hole!)

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
I received a visor hinge from a board member here, thanks, and got the sun visors installed. The mirror light even works.

DSCN2399.JPG

I assembled the new wing tip and pinned each tip to the wing with a small bolt from underneath. Test fitted the wing and the scoop.

DSCN2396.JPG DSCN2395.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
Painted the wing, hood bump and t tops. then installed.

cleaned up the hood trims and installed them (royal pain in the butt.)

Looks like I am all done excepting the small things!

DSCN2406.JPG DSCN2407.JPG DSCN2408.JPG DSCN2409.JPG DSCN2411.JPG DSCN2412.JPG DSCN2413.JPG DSCN2415.JPG DSCN2402.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor