84 LED Issues

mashud46

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 31, 2023
84 H/O. LEDs everywhere including headlights. All rear lights work great. However, front marker lights are extremely dim (barely lit) and my LED headlights are not working at all. Anybody experienced a similar issue? Thanks in advance

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Everyone is going to tell you to check grounds first, they are very finicky in our cars. Depending on which LEDs you are running I had to repin my setup for them to work

Reactions: 1 users

mashud46

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 31, 2023
Everyone is going to tell you to check grounds first, they are very finicky in our cars. Depending on which LEDs you are running I had to repin my setup for them to work
Yeah, I'm thinking I may need to add some grounds to make it all work. It's just weird because all of my rear lights work fine but these cars are extremely finicky...

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
Your rear lights are working because the rear ground (trunk, driver's side back corner, hidden by the carpet) is good.

Your front lights may be malfunctioning because those grounds (one for left, one for right) are bad; book calls them G102 (Behind LH Lights) and G103 (Behind RH Lights). May need to do hand-over-hand tracing of all the wires. LEDs are also polarity-sensitive so if grounds are good, may be worth experimenting with "reversing" a bulb in a socket.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor