84 Monte SS Build Thread - Air Ride, 18/20's, shaved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a while since I have updated, it's just been bodywork and more bodywork as time permitted. Here is the most current pics, without tons of in progress shots just because I'm too lazy to post tons of pics lol

All the little triangles welded up and smoothed on the upper fenders:

null_zps78cbdb3e.jpg

null_zps4a97c7c3.jpg

New pieces spot welded in to finish the inner fenders(don't have fined weld shots for some reason):

null_zps0e6a93cc.jpg

null_zps03806330.jpg

Bodywork on the inners started:

null_zps1c93ecd7.jpg

null_zpsc9a6c057.jpg

Inners in primer:

null_zpsc81f7450.jpg

null_zps0e251ae8.jpg

Redid the cowl panel:

null_zpsfe2b7a00.jpg

null_zps601605e3.jpg

Random final bodywork shots, pretty much ready for primer at this point:

null_zps7ca1a143.jpg

null_zps64f453ed.jpg

null_zps4d20ed80.jpg

null_zps7e1c01d6.jpg

very niCE progreSS :wink: wheel wells shaping up! now that we have clarification on the "purpose" of the doorjamb vents,i also think im gonna delete them 8) have you fitted the rear seat? keep it coming,loving the reSSults!!!

L.A.X-RATED said:
very niCE progreSS :wink: wheel wells shaping up! now that we have clarification on the "purpose" of the doorjamb vents,i also think im gonna delete them 8) have you fitted the rear seat? keep it coming,loving the reSSults!!!

Thanks!
The rear seat is out right now, but was in before the bodywork started, there haven't been any modifications to interfere with the rear seat. Not sure why ya asked though?

i was asking for some insight and to see how you went about the lower section install? didnt you get some newer impala seats? as these are simular to the newer monte carlo seats im putting in mine.my homie actually just used the seat cover and wrapped it over the stock lower seat section.

L.A.X-RATED said:
i was asking for some insight and to see how you went about the lower section install? didnt you get some newer impala seats? as these are simular to the newer monte carlo seats im putting in mine.my homie actually just used the seat cover and wrapped it over the stock lower seat section.

Ah ok, I did the newer impala console, not seats. I still have the stock seats for now.

Just skimmed thru all of this.
Very good fab work, Im very impressed with the front fender extensions. You have given me alot to think about for my project!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor