84 T-Type Questions, and Rebuild...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Beabers

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 17, 2012
A wire over by the battery that I forgot to plug in caused no spark. A none working injector. Timing out. And wires that weren't installed correctly even though the coil is labeled.

The Beabers

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 17, 2012
Well thanks to mister Bweavy the car is running great, no more vacuum leaks, no more lifter tick, however my transmission is effed... lol.. YAY! guess i need to rebuild that too. In case anyone has any fast fixes, its shifting to early, and then its not down shifting like it should... it about wants to cut off when coming to a stop..

Thanks,
The Beabs.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
The Beabers said:
Well thanks to mister Bweavy the car is running great, no more vacuum leaks, no more lifter tick, however my transmission is effed... lol.. YAY! guess i need to rebuild that too. In case anyone has any fast fixes, its shifting to early, and then its not down shifting like it should... it about wants to cut off when coming to a stop..

Thanks,
The Beabs.

I assuming it still has the 2004r if so unplug the wire from side of trans if the lockup selinoid is going bad it will cause the car to want to stall while stopping. Drive it and see what happens. It also sounds like the detent cable is missed adjusted causeing shift issues.

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
chevy2480 said:
I assuming it still has the 2004r if so unplug the wire from side of trans if the lockup selinoid is going bad it will cause the car to want to stall while stopping. Drive it and see what happens. It also sounds like the detent cable is missed adjusted causeing shift issues.

x2

another common issue is a gummy governor assm. can cause shift issues

The Beabers

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 17, 2012
where do i find the governor assm. located at? i dont know how tio adjust the cable, it ran fine 2 weeks ago. then today acting up after about 10 mins of driving.

i will try unpluging the wires and seeing what happens. but im having issuses with the downpipe at the moment so i will try after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor