85 442 on ebay.. hahahhahahah

Status
Not open for further replies.

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
Another flipper trying to get top money for something with so many things wrong with it. lol Why do they even bother?

I agree with you. The problem is some dipshit will probably buy it. He will like the car and they will finance it for him. That is what is making g bodys go up in value. To me that is a $10,000 car. But that is just me.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I thought it was a decent shape 442, not even that. I tend to tune out once a sbc is shoved under the hood.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
Could also be worse.

At least they didn't throw a junk ls motor in it.
Yes, that would be horrible.....improved reliability, performance, and mileage.....lower cost of parts and better parts availability......oh the horrors!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Yes, that would be horrible.....improved reliability, performance, and mileage.....lower cost of parts and better parts availability......oh the horrors!
I agree. It would be horrible to do that to a 442. Some people just don't think ahead anymore.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Someone will buy it, that's life. The higher the price the more chances it will sell. Florescent lights make cars look so nice. Like I have said before: My 87 SS is one of one. (Nobody has its VIN #) As for the wheeler dealers that sell them, they get their commission and bring in the next old mare and sell it as a filly.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Unless you don’t feel like modifying the harness and putting a computer in a car that didn’t have one, then yeah sure.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Unless you don’t feel like modifying the harness and putting a computer in a car that didn’t have one, then yeah sure.
I've also never seen ls parts cheaper than 307 parts. I mean, it's $7 for a fuel pump, $50 for an alternator, $15 for a water pump.

Original mechanical parts for a gbody are much cheaper than anything ls oriented, with way less to break.

I can't wait for all the ls fanboys to be stuck with hacked cars and dried up electronic parts choosing between poorly working Chinese knockoff aftermarket and nothing.

Meanwhile oem guys will buy a $15 carb kit, $3 water pump gasket set, or $9 in alt rebuilt parts and just keep their old junk, worth a premium to collectors as it's original and not hacked, on the road.

Red78Calais4speed

Greasemonkey
Feb 16, 2013
Leominster, Massachusetts
At least they started with a real 442 with the "9" in the VIN...

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
LS swaps are like when everybody was replacing flatheads with SBCs. Things move on. Some folks are still diehard flathead guys that would rather die than swap them out for something more modern. So we SBC/BBC guys are also stuck in the past. That's OK with me, I prefer the original as built/look stuff. The thing is LS's make a ton of power from the get go, cam it and cyl head it and they get outrages hp.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I've also never seen ls parts cheaper than 307 parts. I mean, it's $7 for a fuel pump, $50 for an alternator, $15 for a water pump.

Original mechanical parts for a gbody are much cheaper than anything ls oriented, with way less to break.

I can't wait for all the ls fanboys to be stuck with hacked cars and dried up electronic parts choosing between poorly working Chinese knockoff aftermarket and nothing.

Meanwhile oem guys will buy a $15 carb kit, $3 water pump gasket set, or $9 in alt rebuilt parts and just keep their old junk, worth a premium to collectors as it's original and not hacked, on the road.

Who cares? Gasoline will be outlawed by then anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor