85 grand prix build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponchogp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 28, 2021
Love the cutty btw!
Very nice GP, love the motor choice and hopefully the 700R4 was built with every upgrade possible, they aren't a strong transmission. Most of us BOP guys go with the 2004R because it bolts right on our motors, including the drive shaft and can be built stronger.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Hey where those modified too fit I couldn't find the thread.....
This is the thread, I guess he did have to modify one side.

Ponchogp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 28, 2021
Ya know I've seen the threads on gbody build prices.... mine at the least is 28,000 to get a real good build quality with anything near the 300 hp rating most have on modern v6 and v8's . I have a question.... mine is a true dream car I absolutely love anything 78 to 88 gbody... but what is a 85 Pontiac gp with updated everything worth?.... mines getting a decent roll cage... has the Pontiac 350 built with a formidable trans and CD rear for upgrading... I have the original super plush interior... planning on doing a digital dash... but really I think my baby will end up a 12,000 max car.... what are my fellow lovers thoughts? Is the price going bgg up..... are they the next 2 door a bodies..... or are we a collective of mid 80s enthusiasts to a dying platform?

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Sounds like your going to have a nice build - you can't worry about money spent and what it's worth, I don't think that's why your doing it. Since your talking about HP it would be wise to upgrade the rear end instead of putting money in a 7.5. What is the reasoning for a roll cage?

Ponchogp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 28, 2021
Sounds like your going to have a nice build - you can't worry about money spent and what it's worth, I don't think that's why your doing it. Since your talking about HP it would be wise to upgrade the rear end instead of putting money in a 7.5. What is the reasoning for a roll cage?
Haven't decided truly on the rollcage.... my concern I've just come to realize is the cab and chassis mounts.... a old gbody....is a frame off job ... but new house with a garage this month. I'm looking at the rear end so I can get to work... trick chassis is close so it looks like their the winner!

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
A roll cage isn't going to help the value of your car and probably be a neg. and If you don't do it yourself will cost $$$. Your chassis mounts can be changed w/o doing a frame off and I'm not sure what you mean about the rear end.

fauxfour2

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2020
Love the car, and really like the rims. I had an 86 with t-tops and i loved it. Good luck with the build!

Ponchogp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 28, 2021
A roll cage isn't going to help the value of your car and probably be a neg. and If you don't do it yourself will cost $$$. Your chassis mounts can be changed w/o doing a frame off and I'm not sure what you mean about the rear end.
It's a midwest car.... I'm thinking I'm going to have some burnt up ones.... it's got surface rust no bubbles no holes....

Ponchogp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 28, 2021
Well today..... was a good day. I scored the driver frame horn..... bumper brackets, and a 200 4r with 41,000 miles, for............350$!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor