86 cutlass salon build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the no slip, pretty clunky around corners. Way better traction than the one wheel peel. I paid around $200 NIB on Ebay.

okay sorry for no pics guys every time i got to work on the car i forget the cam in my babys diaper bag. but tomorrow for sure im gonna get the pics. i already put the cam in my dd so i dont forget it. well i got all my front end parts replaced, new brakes front and rear, got the mini spool put in with some 3.42 gears i got for cheap. all new shocks, i went with sensa trac, have a friend with a malibu that has pulled off some good 60 foot times with them so im gonna give em a try. cleaned up the ports on my heads. didnt port them to much just cleaned them up cuz supposedly these heads i got have thin walls. still need to order my valves and springs, im gonna get a kit from competition products. engine is still at the machine shop and the trans is at my buddys, i got a stock spec rebuild kit for it and a b&m shift kit for the vb. picked up a holley street dominator intake mani for it from a trade, holley 750dp no choke just finished rebuilding, still not sure what cam i want, i was gonna order a elgin but i held off. at least till i get the motor to the house. not to sure how much longer its gonna take but im getting the work done for free so im not rushing them. also picked up a bunch of goodies, got a double roller timing set. zoom from advance. not sure on the brand but i know a few guys who have been using them. billet t stat housing, some new breathers, chrome trans and oil dipstick, an external trans cooler. i think the only stuff i need is my cam, headers not to sure if i wanna go long tubes or shorts, any suggestions, ive heard long tubes are a pain to get into these cars, and my valve train. i was gonna have the heads machined for screw in studs and rr but i decided to stick to the stock stamped steel rocker arms. just need to pick up some new ones and pushrods. and thats it. oh and the time to get it all together. im leaving on august 23rd for basic training, dont think ill have the motor in and running by then but im gonna try. luckily im coming back to san antonio to do my ait so hopefully once i get a weekend pass i can have it done before i finish ait. pics comin tomorrow the inside of the car looks like a parts bin right now

Long tube headers aren't that bad to put in. You'll probably need to jack the car up high and feed it up from the bottom, and will probably have clearace issues with the control arm. you can either dent the header or grind a bit of the control arm.

i dont wanna have to do any of that. im just gonna go with shortys. this isnt a full blown race car so im not gonna miss any of that hp that im gonna lose or maybe i wont lose any. ive seen some dynos where engines actually gain a few hp from shorttubes.

traded a ford roller cam for that mani, the balancer, a chrome ps pulley and a 4150 rebuild kit

running 68p jets and 80s. 28p squirter and 25s squirter, 6.5 power valve. 50cc pumps hopefully i got it pretty close so i dont have to do to much changin jets. im building a similar setup to a buddy and when i helped my friend with his carb, he used the same setup on the squirters, the secondary jets were on point but his 70 primary jets were a little go rich so i figured i would try a 68.

Attachments

• dominator mani, 750dp.jpg
    dominator mani, 750dp.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,252
  • mini spool 3.42.jpg
    mini spool 3.42.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1,256
  • fuel pump.jpg
    fuel pump.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,255
more pics

Attachments

• drums.jpg
    drums.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,252
  • grippin wood grain.jpg
    grippin wood grain.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,257
  • ign.jpg
    ign.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,253
some more stuff

Attachments

• new brakes, harware, wheel cylinders.jpg
    new brakes, harware, wheel cylinders.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,265
  • new brakes.jpg
    new brakes.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,258
  • parts.jpg
    parts.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,243
what do yall think of these wheels.

Attachments

• radiator.jpg
    radiator.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,249
  • wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,247
and for all the ford haters

Attachments

• bottle fed 347.jpg
    bottle fed 347.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,248
  • my sn95.jpg
    my sn95.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,274
and just in case i get beat i bust this thing out

Attachments

• harley.jpg
    harley.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,240
  • nitrous solenoid.jpg
    nitrous solenoid.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,238
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor