86 El Camino 5.7 vortec swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z48LT1

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2015
Space Coast, Florida
There's always the plan I'm using: close your eyes and hope the entire tank from the pickup will fit into the El Camino. Actually my lump is an '86 Elco and the tank/pump/fuel level sender I happen to have is out of a '95 Z/28. Hoping to feed my '95 LT1 engine and mated 4L60E transmission. Hope is always a plan. A longshot, but it almost never costs anything.

Seriously, good luck to us both. We'll need it. Keep us posted. I'll be starting my build thread sometime soon, myself.

Cheers - Gary.

Dylan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 16, 2017
Good point. I'll have to see if I can find a fuel pump for one of those trucks at work and see what it looks like. Maybe someone on here has dealt with this problem before and will chime in.
14976430108451814140040.jpg
this is the fuel pump out of the 96 just pulled it

454GrandPrix

Master Mechanic
Jul 27, 2016
Lehi, Utah
im going to use the 4l60e out of the truck as well and if I go with a carb or TBI I'll have to buy a stand alone controller for the trans and that can get a little expensive.

$600 for a TCI EZ-TCU. (Just sayin'.)

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Order a TBI sender for an '87 Monte Carlo. The TBI pump from the pickup should drop right in and give the correct pressure. If the LT4 used TPI pressures, just swap in the correct pump for an 88-91 TPI 350.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor