86 GP project

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Some parts trickled in. And I have the engine masked to paint.
I better hurry, because it looks like 62 vette I’m waiting on is ahead of schedule.

Attachments

• IMG_9374.jpeg
    IMG_9374.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9367.jpeg
    IMG_9367.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9368.jpeg
    IMG_9368.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9369.jpeg
    IMG_9369.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: 7 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
IMG_9389.jpeg
Happy with how it’s turning out. I originally was going to paint the engine with a custom blue I made to match the older Pontiac blue, but the store lost the formula. So rather than wait to order some paint, I shot it gloss black. Still waiting on the chrome valve covers to come in.

Reactions: 6 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Got my new valve covers today. Waiting for the paint to dry on the pulleys so I can mock everything up.
IMG_9391.jpeg

Reactions: 8 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
So I actually got the timing cover, oil pan, and balancer installed today. Excuse the mess, I have 800 things going at once, and cleaning my garage just isn’t on the list, at the moment.
My wife had me dig out the Christmas decorations from the attic. So while I was up there I grabbed the headers and exhaust. These were slated for the Malibu when it gets its new engine. Then I thought about just swapping them out and putting the older ones on this car. Laziness is winning out, and the GP is getting the nicer ones. Of course I forgot bolts, so there’s more money. This car is nickel and diming me to death.
IMG_9395.jpeg
IMG_9397.jpeg
IMG_9399.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Big day today, titled and registered the car. After the year and a half fiasco with my Tahoe, I was pretty nervous at the DMV. Everything was smooth though. I was going to do the beetle too, but decided to hold off.
I also got the engine primed and distributor set to install when I drop it in. Still need to get some fresh intake manifold bolts, and water pump bolts so I can install them. Then make sure the pulleys line up, a little paint under the hood, and I can drop the engine in. I’m getting the vette here after the beginning of the year, so I need to kick it in high gear.

Reactions: 3 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
IMG_9448.jpeg

Was hoping to be further along, I actually thought I’d have the engine and trans dropped in this weekend. Tough to get time in the garage with work and getting set for the holidays.
Managed to get the pulley situation handled, minus the AC compressor. Need to clean up the garage to roll the car back in and squirt a little paint in the engine bay. Of course I’ll be away for work 2 days this week, my Saturday is shot, and I have to reshoot my friends corvette hood that he screwed up. I need to make time, as 1/1 this car is going on the back burner.

Reactions: 7 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
In between decorating the house for Christmas, I got the belts on and dug the dual snorkel air cleaner out of storage. It’s a little worse for wear so started to sand down to give it a quick coat of semigloss black. Of count has like 7 coats of paint on it. I just need a solid day to work on this thing, and I should have it running. But I’m lucky if I get an hour at a clip. Baby steps I guess
IMG_9460.jpeg

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Between getting ready for the holidays, work, side work, and installing a new dishwasher, I’ve only managed to get the engine bolted to the trans. Under the hood is pretty much painted up so I’m hoping to get the engine this weekend.
IMG_9497.jpeg

Had to repaint this corvette hood for a friend of mine. He had to wait 30 days before he had it PPF’d. He got impatient and took his car out and it got blasted by stones. Not too smart.
IMG_9485.jpeg

I also just scored this jeep. Was owed some money, so I took it as payment. Some rust underneath, and it’s a 4 cylinder, but $400 was too good for me to pass up.
IMG_9503.jpeg
IMG_9502.jpeg
IMG_9501.jpeg
IMG_9500.jpeg

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Between getting ready for the holidays, work, side work, and installing a new dishwasher, I’ve only managed to get the engine bolted to the trans. Under the hood is pretty much painted up so I’m hoping to get the engine this weekend.
View attachment 232271
Had to repaint this corvette hood for a friend of mine. He had to wait 30 days before he had it PPF’d. He got impatient and took his car out and it got blasted by stones. Not too smart. View attachment 232272
I also just scored this jeep. Was owed some money, so I took it as payment. Some rust underneath, and it’s a 4 cylinder, but $400 was too good for me to pass up. View attachment 232273 View attachment 232274 View attachment 232275 View attachment 232276
4cyl/AT/4x4

Sounds slow as molasses but fun. What's the plan for this one, quick flip?

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor