REGAL 86 regal v6 acceleration issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albert714

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2020
Anaheim ca
I have gutted cats on the car by cutting a flap and then using an air chisel to break up the insides and then bend the flap back and weld it shut.
Quick question can I put the pipe from smog pump directly to exhaust pipe ?the one that goes from cat to smog pump

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Quick question can I put the pipe from smog pump directly to exhaust pipe ?the one that goes from cat to smog pump
The pump on the engine is only for the catalytic convertor if you remove that you don't need the pump anymore.

Reactions: 1 user

Albert714

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2020
Anaheim ca
The pump on the engine is only for the catalytic convertor if you remove that you don't need the pump anymore.
[/QUOTE
Thank you I didn’t know that if I remove pump is it complicated or pretty simple? Reason I ask is because I’m gonna attempt todo it myself

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Thank you I didn’t know that if I remove pump is it complicated or pretty simple? Reason I ask is because I’m gonna attempt todo it myself
I just noticed you live in Ca assuming you have emissions testing you can't remove the cat or the pump

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Yea but ima get it done under the table
Probably not worth the risk for an engine that doesn't make much power anyways.
And what happens when your under the table person gets fired?

TexasCutlass

Apprentice
Sep 22, 2020
I got an 85 olds with the same v6 engine. It started doing the same thing but not all the time. My check engine light comes on so I'm thinking the ccc was switching to limp mode which causes the issue but not sure.

Will definitely be watching this thread for a solution.

Albert714

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2020
Anaheim ca
I got an 85 olds with the same v6 engine. It started doing the same thing but not all the time. My check engine light comes on so I'm thinking the ccc was switching to limp mode which causes the issue but not sure.

Will definitely be watching this thread for a solution.
Let me know if you find out what the problem is I have somebody checking out my car Saturday I’ll keep you posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor