86 Supreme Brougham build and pics- new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
KCEE442 said:
wow, you do realllly nice work, its giving me alottttt of ideas!
im really feelin the drop with the tires too =)
very nice, definetly gona keep up with the build

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I just realized that in the rear end installation pics at the beginning of the thread the Moog 5413 springs weren't in yet. They brought the rear down an honest 1 1/4". Just for reference, the rake isn't all tire. And thanks to you guys I got good info on the springs that WORKED PERFECT and didn't kill the budget. Wheels, tires, and stance make the car IMO.

v8power said:
all these wisconsin g bodies... im sensing a meet come spring!!! my regal will be done for sure.keep up the good work. that cutty is pure sex

Hell yeah. I like to get up that way. Woc is a nice area. I was just up there picking up a 292 Chevy I-6 for a 57 Chev truck my Father in law is building from a cool little boneyard in Kellnersville. My dad used to haul foundry sand for aluminum casting to ECK foundry in Manitowoc. I'd ride up there with him when I was a kid in the summertime. They used to cast Corvette stuff, Nascar stuff, etc. I don't know if they're still around or not.

josh77 said:
I'm trying to decide how "incognito" I want the engine to look. I've got a dual snorkel air cleaner I'd like to run for a factory look. I'm keeping the A/C and cruise. You're right though, it will be hard to disguise exhaust note and headers. And seems a damn shame to me to paint a nice intake black. And I've got that new pair of chrome Edelbrock valve covers around somewhere too. Got to agree with a black engine though. 8)

Agree, I didn't paint my intake either. Between that, the Edelbrock carb, chrome valve covers, air cleaner, radiator cap there's a simple contrast breaking up the sea of black under the hood. As far as the engine being black, fo me it just didn't "look" right being gold, kind of out ot place. I thought about painting it Pontiac blue or Olds blue, but again, just didn't seem right for this one. Underhood's mostly cleaned up, with the long spaghetti of vacuum hoses and like gone - just have the few hoses I need. I'm running A/C too (have to get it recharged).

Talk to ya later!!

Totally going in the opposite direction.
for the 307 im doing chrome valve covers, air cleaner,
edelbrock intake and carb and headman headers while keeping it black
Then im going to get a 350 and all the after markets from the 307 to a gold 350.

With the 2 inch drop, where do u get the spindals from?
Did u have to get different springs also or can stock/aftermarket with the same height still work?
and i just got new kyb shocks all around, can u run the same shocks with the drop?

Not to hijack the thread, but KCEE442, if I were you and had a 1 of 300 built 442(your t-tops drop that number even lower), I'd be keeping it as close to stock as possible...

KCEE442 said:
With the 2 inch drop, where do u get the spindals from?
Did u have to get different springs also or can stock/aftermarket with the same height still work?
and i just got new kyb shocks all around, can u run the same shocks with the drop?

Spindles came from Summit. The stock springs and shocks work fine with drop spindles.

Blake442 said:
Not to hijack the thread, but KCEE442, if I were you and had a 1 of 300 built 442(your t-tops drop that number even lower), I'd be keeping it as close to stock as possible...

I was thinking about going that route, but i dont ever plan on getting rid of the car, and i want to make it more me, not going to be anything crazy, and the body is going to be completly stock, just motor upgrades and possibly trans, while keeping it all Olds' and storing all the orig. parts.

Spindles came from Summit. The stock springs and shocks work fine with drop spindles.[/quote]

Thanx! definetly going to look into it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor