87 442 the way they should have been

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Nice, thanks clutch. I need to install my new 2" lowering springs and lower control arms, then I'll tackle the manual swap. So many things I need to do with this car right now it's getting overwhelming haha

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Nice, thanks clutch. I need to install my new 2" lowering springs and lower control arms, then I'll tackle the manual swap. So many things I need to do with this car right now it's getting overwhelming haha
Tell me about it I'm building a 78 W-31 Cutlass this 87 a square body crew and my daughter wants to start on the H/O

Reactions: 1 users

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
haha i feel ya, and i need to start working on my cutlass soon too...patience is key, and organization, just have to remember that.
Yeah i saw that square body you posted, looks like a pretty neat project!! How is progress on the 78?

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
haha i feel ya, and i need to start working on my cutlass soon too...patience is key, and organization, just have to remember that.
Yeah i saw that square body you posted, looks like a pretty neat project!! How is progress on the 78?
I haven't touched it in a while I'm trying to finish the 78 first then the truck so I can sell my 07 to finance the 87 build ....well that's the plan

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
It has a build thred called 78 Cutlass W-31 build

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The specs for that W30 cam are actually quite rowdy for 72, 294/296 .472/.472, should have a nice little chop at idle and run on regular.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Yesterday I was at custom carberetor rebuilder to pick up the carb for the 78 and Phil and I were discussing this build and of course all my cors. lol any how we think the best thing for this application would be a spread bore holley 800 dose anyone know where I can look up the numbers on some of the ones I have here to see if I have one?

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
All I can say about this build is I hope to get back to it by spring. At least it's in a safe place and I don't need to worry about it to much

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor