87 bracket car build #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
I saw two leaf spring converted cars at bracket finals this year a 79 Malibu and a 66 buick they both worked well for the guys and I want to try it
The Buick ran 13.30 et and won the race no cage
The Bu ran in the elevens no cage
The Buick eliminated me in the 3rd round with 7 package to my 16 he had a great day nothing over a 20 package hope to see him again at Numidia this year so how fast will I need to run I think the Monte will go in to the 12s
Is that Malibu blue by any chance you buddy has one Dana 60 with leaf springs

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I have to agree with you somewhat. Sure you have to have a driver, you also need a deadly consistent car and know exactly what it's going to do. In the end it comes down to lady luck and who you line up with. Never had such a consistent car as the Sonoma it always runs the number as predicted by my weather station & computer. My biggest problem is dialing the hundredths. If my predict is x.626 do I dial 62 and drop or 63 and run it out - lot depends on who you lined up against. Went to some high dollar races last year and worst beat I took was @ the Triple $20,000.00 @ Dragway 42 in Ohio. Three $20000,00 races - a $10000.00 bonus race on Thursday if you signed up an paid early, and a gamblers race Saturday night - 5 races. All weekend (five races) my worst bulb was a .014 and the worst package .018 and I never made it passed 2nd round. Lady luck wasn't with me - even got beat with a .004 package.

Reactions: 1 user

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I've also had lady luck on my side - Memorial weekend @ Mid Michigan Motorplex, Friday night runner- up, Saturday went 4 rounds and got rained out (split pot) and Sunday won the show.

winning.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor