87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
HAHA at Rolla! OK. Mel picked out a nice intake for the 350. An Airgap knock off. Nicely priced... Headers are next!!!
Pic is from the ebay auction..

2025.jpg

I'll get a nice carb spacer and some ARP bolts for the intake. Startin to come together..I figure I'll be down for about a month. I might have her raod ready for the G-Body Nation run. The car will stay with Chris and Mel for a couple weeks to get all the kinks worked out before I get on the road to cali...Stay tuned.....

Elco "Slug Bug" Warren 8)

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Ok. The intake came in today. Looks good. Just gettin all the lil nick nacks together before I head out to Az to get the motor going. Making a checklist of all the stuff needed...

5843807882_04305f2b33_b.jpg

5843804968_506c7fcfaa_b.jpg

Holley 4150 600cfm single inlet setup off my GMP crate motor. Lil polish and it will shine up nicely. I just threw the water neck on there for the pic..

5843803410_717011793e_b.jpg

5843800626_3a0b182350_b.jpg

5843799082_fc3b6cc21c_b.jpg

Lil stuff needed: Break in oil, thermostat, spark plugs and just the usual lil stuff needed for a new motor break in. Not sure when Im headed out to AZ for the motor and how Im gonna get the El out there. We shall see....

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Ok. The intake came in today. Looks good. Just gettin all the lil nick nacks together before I head out to Az to get the motor going. Making a checklist of all the stuff needed...

5843807882_04305f2b33_b.jpg

5843804968_506c7fcfaa_b.jpg

Holley 4150 600cfm single inlet setup off my GMP crate motor. Lil polish and it will shine up nicely. I just threw the water neck on there for the pic..

5843803410_717011793e_b.jpg

5843800626_3a0b182350_b.jpg

5843799082_fc3b6cc21c_b.jpg

Lil stuff needed: Break in oil, thermostat, spark plugs and just the usual lil stuff needed for a new motor break in. Not sure when Im headed out to AZ for the motor and how Im gonna get the El out there. We shall see....

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC
:shock: :shock:

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
HAHA! Thanks Chris!

richp85elco said:
looks like its coming along smooth.. i like that fuel filter and gauge set up I need to look into one of those, you gonna run a fuel pressure regulator too?

Thanks bruh! I got that from summit for like $20 or so a while back. I have the dual feed one for my new carb on my SS. Looks clean. Imma run it just like I did on the SS before I swapped carbs---fuel line off the fuel pump right into the filter/gauge then carb. Maybe I should look into that tho. I remember asking if I could run regulator with a mechanical fuel pump but never got a answer. Thanks for checkin it out. I wanted to head out to AZ in the morning to get the motor goin but Imma wait a lil bit....

Elco Warren

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
HAHA! Thanks Chris!

richp85elco said:
looks like its coming along smooth.. i like that fuel filter and gauge set up I need to look into one of those, you gonna run a fuel pressure regulator too?

Thanks bruh! I got that from summit for like $20 or so a while back. I have the dual feed one for my new carb on my SS. Looks clean. Imma run it just like I did on the SS before I swapped carbs---fuel line off the fuel pump right into the filter/gauge then carb. Maybe I should look into that tho. I remember asking if I could run regulator with a mechanical fuel pump but never got a answer. Thanks for checkin it out. I wanted to head out to AZ in the morning to get the motor goin but Imma wait a lil bit....

Elco Warren
no az trip? me n mel had some hunnies for u lmfao.......jkkjkjkkjk :rofl:

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
HAHA! Thanks Chris!

richp85elco said:

Elco Warren

You can run a regulator with mechanical or electric, it has more to do with the fuel pressure your fuel pump outputs so u dont flood ur carb. I just looked the following up for ur carb:

FUEL PRESSURE: This carburetor has been designed to work best at fuel pressures between 5 and 7 psi. Holley recommends 7 psi at idle, and a minimum 4 psi at engine redline.

I just bought a a 600cfm holley but the non double pumper and it recommends the same. and i also got the mechanical holley fuel pump and the pressure output said 7.5psi. I figure thats best case senario and with the filter and gauge it shouldnt go too much over 7 so i was wondering if i should get one also.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Wow thats intake and carb set up look nice.....can wait to see it on motor...

BRAH HAVE KRIS TOW UR ELKO ON THA RUNT,....PUT A HITCH AND THA RUNT HOMIE.....LMAO....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor