87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went through this whole thread, can't wait to see the next updates with the new 350... 🙂

Sup Elco Warren

5856805262_09b2ab4b1c_b.jpg

Is that the sender for the water temp gauge? the diagrams i look at says its suppose to be one wire but mine looks like yours and has two wires...this dam wiring is killing me :blam: Where are you going to run the heater hose? are you you deleting the A/C?

J3 said:
Went through this whole thread, can't wait to see the next updates with the new 350... 🙂

Fam I appreciate you checkin it out!! 😀

youngdeezy said:
im glad you be on that lucas. you know i rep that stuff, i have a lucas poster hangin up in my garage. also AAA for the win thats the best way to go

Yessir! Got the car out there. Only prob (and I found out later what was causing it) was the lower radiator hose had a pin hole in it. Got bigger cuz the car was starting to overheat. Well I topped the fluid off at a station half way to az and stabbed it. LOL! Ran cool as hell while driving but then I would hear a tappity tap whenever I had to slow down a bit. Made it to AZ and car was runnin cool. Exit the FWY and that tap tappity comes back. temp flys up past the red right away. I pull over and let the car sit. Mel Meets me and he saw right away what was causing it. The clutch fan blades were draggin on a bolt head. Bet thats what caused the car to heat up cuz the bolt caused a drag. The fan wouldnt spin at its normal speed to cool the car down when at idle. When i was smashin 90-(yes 90 the whole way lol) there was plenty of cool fresh air on the block and radiator. I bent the fins of each blade a touch and the noise went away. No more noise and she was cool as a.... well fan.. HAHA! Long *ss story! The car is in AZ now at "tha spot" :wink:

Lol. I just told Mel I realized I had the sensor on the wrong side. Mine is from my Dakota Digital kit. One wire plugs into the sensor and runs up to the brain of the digital kit. Then the two wires plug right into the marked slots on the brain for the Digital unit. Really easy, plug and play...

5428526709_482ee9b65a_z.jpg

Welp... I'm off to AZ after work this morn. Should get there around 11am and the fun begins! We will have the motor, wells, booster, and all the interior out for me to clean up and spray when I get home. HHHMMMM...Its been brought to my attention that peeps think I don't know how to build a car or that I'm not ready for that certain level of car building. :roll: Time to grind and shut fools up. Stay tuned. I'm pumped and ready to shine. :twisted:

Elco Warren 8)

Got back from Az yesterday (Sun). Had a BLAST hangin with Chris and Mel. We didnt have the hoist with us but the fellas got all the parts and hookups undone. All we gotta do now is grab the hoist, put the plate on and lift the old 305 out. Man it was 116 degree temp that day. BBBIGTHANKS to Chris, Mel and Uncle D for even comin out to hang with me. That kinda temp is murder on you. No shade?? Oh you are assed out! LOL Unk brought an "easy up" for us to have some shade and some ice and water. Man the tools were so damn hot I got "Craftsman tools" branded on my hands and arms! LOL Mel got a few pics and vids and hopefully wil post em up. This is gonna be a slow build. Im in no rush. I did take out a bunch of interior parts for respray and brought the wheel wells back to hook em up...

Elco Warren 8)

tc1959 said:
I know how you feel 116 is stupid hot.
Arizona is so much fun in the summer.

LOL! Yes it is!Im back in cali now laughin at my boys complaining about how hot it is today. Im like whatever! You dont know hot till youve been in 116 with no shade! LOL! Round two next weekend.. We will have the motor/trans out and then pull it to the local car wash for the bay clean up. Cant wait!

Elco Warren

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
tc1959 said:
I know how you feel 116 is stupid hot.
Arizona is so much fun in the summer.

LOL! Yes it is!Im back in cali now laughin at my boys complaining about how hot it is today. Im like whatever! You dont know hot till youve been in 116 with no shade! LOL! Round two next weekend.. We will have the motor/trans out and then pull it to the local car wash for the bay clean up. Cant wait!

Elco Warren
YESSIR!! I WILL PUT IN MORE WORK HAHAHAAHAHAAAH (INSIDE JOKE)

kuruption109 said:

That aint funny!! HHAHAHA!! Me and Mel was well ok maybe not. LOL! Man We could have had it out if the hoist was there. Damn! Ill be down next week just like last time. Leaving Saturday morning at 5:30am and get there by 10am....

Elco Warren 8)

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
kuruption109 said:

That aint funny!! HHAHAHA!! Me and Mel was well ok maybe not. LOL! Man We could have had it out if the hoist was there. Damn! Ill be down next week just like last time. Leaving Saturday morning at 5:30am and get there by 10am....

Elco Warren 8)
ok no prob the motor in the runt has to come out as welll..... also thinkin of coming up on that 350... to sell it use that money to rebuild the 3050!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor