87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
richp85elco said:
You can run a regulator with mechanical or electric, it has more to do with the fuel pressure your fuel pump outputs so u dont flood ur carb. I just looked the following up for ur carb:

FUEL PRESSURE: This carburetor has been designed to work best at fuel pressures between 5 and 7 psi. Holley recommends 7 psi at idle, and a minimum 4 psi at engine redline.

I just bought a a 600cfm holley but the non double pumper and it recommends the same. and i also got the mechanical holley fuel pump and the pressure output said 7.5psi. I figure thats best case senario and with the filter and gauge it shouldnt go too much over 7 so i was wondering if i should get one also.

Thanks for that input bruh!! Preciate that. The fuel pump I have for it is an Edelbrock Victor series and should be cool. The Edelbrock pump thats in my SS is no where near as beefy as the setup for the El. Ill have to ask Mel what series pump it is to be sure tho. Thanks again! 8)

kuruption109 said:
no az trip? me n mel had some hunnies for u lmfao.......jkkjkjkkjk :rofl:

Thats what I'm talkin bout! Let tha hoes gooo!! :lol:

1979ratrod said:
wow man that looks good!

Thanks bruh!!

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Wow thats intake and carb set up look nice.....can wait to see it on motor...

BRAH HAVE KRIS TOW UR ELKO ON THA RUNT,....PUT A HITCH AND THA RUNT HOMIE.....LMAO....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

Thanks big homie! Man Imma smash that hoe out ther. Imma throw some straight 40 and some lucus additive and stab it till she gives up the ghost!. Then AAA it the rest of the way. :wink: More pics!

5845192048_04f3504eba_b.jpg

5845193218_420b0af0dc_b.jpg

5845195340_44615f7fc5_b.jpg

Gettin her "DIGITAL READY" :mrgreen:

5845196338_d616900ac4_b.jpg

Thanks for lookin!

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT

Master Mechanic
Apr 13, 2011
S.carolina
Lookin good brah,the elco gonna be something serious this time around,how much hp you figure to be puttin out and that sensor on the manifold in that for the guages or turn on for a electric fan?

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
Lookin good brah,the elco gonna be something serious this time around,how much hp you figure to be puttin out and that sensor on the manifold in that for the guages or turn on for a electric fan?

Thanks for checkin back bruh. Im not too sure on the HP rating. I'll have to ask Mel (melman109) as he has the same motor. This shop has 3 levels they build, and the setup Im gettting is the mid level. I wasnt goin for serious HP on this build. I just need her back on the road. I'm thinking it should be right around 300 HP. The thing that attracted me most is the warranty. Mel says it has a 3 year warranty. Not sure if I'll have the 1.6 rollers installed cuz that might affect the warranty. I can save those for the 400 I wanna build later. :twisted: Thats the sending unit for the water temp on the Dakota digital panel. They totally changed the design and now give a more accurate reading than the older style sensors/sending units in my ss. Same panel, just upgraded "solid state" sensors... For now Im gonna run the clutch fan and radiator thats in the El right now. Trying to keep cost down and swap over as many parts as I can. I'll get the aluminum radiator and dual fan hookup later on.. Imma use the exhaust mani's for now but will be getting these later on from CFR Performance

Thanks for checkin back fellas..

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Well I just so happen to have a nice holley fuel regulator mount sittin on my rack. Imma order a nice chrome Holley regulator and run the line up to it and on out to the filter gauge setup. Should look clean.

5856811136_abca07ca87_b.jpg

5856808324_5f894fe4bd_b.jpg

5856805262_09b2ab4b1c_b.jpg

5856247397_4eeb8b1127_b.jpg

I got a few other parts comin. Air fliter, spark plug heat sheilds, polished water neck, balled milled wire holders and a ball milled breather set for the Valve covers. I'll get some pics up when those parts come in. I think me and the fellas have a plan all to gether on how we are gonna attack the El's motor swap. Chris gets the old 305 and I know he will handle the motor pull in no time flat. LOL! Imma try to drop the el off this weekend and let the pro's do what they do! :mrgreen:

Stay tuned..Thanks for checkin back...

Elco Warren 8)

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
Oh boy sounds like another show car build is in the works... Lol jk.. looks hot! Now u gotta find the matching throttle/kickdown cable bracket.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Man!!! that setup looks sick brah!!! keep them pic coming....Mel it does sound like show material!!! cant wat to see it all done.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
melman109 said:
Oh boy sounds like another show car build is in the works... Lol jk.. looks hot! Now u gotta find the matching throttle/kickdown cable bracket.

Man I keep sayin I wont do "show" anymore, but you know how we do. Its gotta be clean. Thanks for the suggestion fam. I found this where I got the intake from. $25.00 and its for the Holley 4150/4160 carbs...

PC3244D.jpg

I want blue, but everything I have here is based on red so I gotta buy stuff around that to keep the cost down. Trying to use what I have here at the shop

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Man!!! that setup looks sick brah!!! keep them pic coming....Mel it does sound like show material!!! cant wat to see it all done.

Thanks bruh! Its just gonna be nice and tidy. This is the daily driver so I dont want to go too crazy with things. Just a nice satin black on the wells and bay will be cool. LOL! But we all know whats gonna happen.

Think Mel has come up with a sweet way for us to work on the El. Imma swang it out there this weekend and Kuruption will have that motor out in no time. LOL. Ill keep the gbody fam informed. (DEEZY!! Dont post that vid again!!! LOLOL)

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
melman109 said:
That would look sweet with the reg bracket

Ok. Imma send you the loot for that and the polished regulator so all the parts will be out there with yall. Im tryin to get out there this weekend. Yeah. Gonna look pretty tidy up in there. Preciate you gettin the other parts bruh. Stay tuned yall. Its bout to get fun... :twisted:

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
OK brotha Mel and Chris...Looks like Roro wants to swang out there Friday Morning to get the car out there. YESSSSS!! Its bout to be "Wrenchin time with 80zBabiez"!!! You know thats gonna be my next vid series right?? :mrgreen: Cant wait. We will hit the shop up and get the motor goin also. Ill keep you updated. Bout to pull the BCT in the shop and do a oil change and add some thick *ss Lucas in. LOL AAA is paid up so if I run into probs Im good... :wink:

Elco Warren 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor