87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks fellas! Yep...Decided to snatch the SS 350 right quick and move forward with my og plans for the SS-Project SS502 :twisted: . That will be fun...With the motor out, I can do the SS engine bay how I wanted. I have a set of SS bucket seats (well the look damn near like SS seats) and will have those done by the shop that did Mels Camaro seats and OG Brown sugs seats. I only had 2 cans of Blue Mist so I didnt get all the parts I brought back finished up. I'll head up to the spot tomorrow and get 2 more cans...I got the console separated from the old bread box, cleaned it up and got the first coat done. I'll finish it up later...All the parts I have here will be finished up this week. Mel will bring the rest down to me when he comes this weekend...I'll ask Mel to post a pic of the buckets for me. He got em for $30!!!

I ran out of paint. But I had just enough to get the first light coat done on the console.

Taking the door to work so I can sandblast it. Then I'll primer it and paint a satin black. The door is temp until I get the sound equiptment mounted how I want...

5931448539_d4eb3782e1_z.jpg

Separated from the old box

5931995404_aa7043cc6e_z.jpg

Cleaned with a scrubby and purple power. Then I used some Acetone and wiped it down with a clean micro fiber towel

5931442909_41fe6f5ab8_z.jpg

Clean!

5932000702_4e520e9693_b.jpg

Sprayed the first light coat. Now the next coat will have something to bite onto. Headed back to the spot to get 2 more cans in the morning

5932002810_45e1d54832_b.jpg

Gettin there. Figured I might as well use all this down time inbetween to get something done. Thanks for checkin back fellas!

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Also I'll be ordering anohter bowtie console lid. I had one but gave it away. Damn. Should have held onto it. LOL

Wait a min!!! that cup holder is looking sick!!!!!! I want one....lol....dayum brah, its looking clean...that blue mist is the ishhhhhh!!!! I love that blue...

And that console is going to look good. i like mine.....and the console bowtie is going to make it look even better....do u think that guy that makes them will have it in blue mist?

Thanks for checkin back Saint...Naw bruh... I don't think he has that in blue mist. That's a sem color. I'll Just spray it. Done deal. Yeah. I had the bowtie lid as well but gave it to a homie in need of one. ill do the basic bowtie for now and get a custom one later. Yeah I had to have the cupholder hookup. Ill prolly order it next pay check. I definitely like to bring something different to the table with my rides. I love it cuz I'm seein a lot of the mods I do in a lot of cars now.... 8)

Project "Elco Down!" is moving right along...

Took the bread box door to work and sand blasted it. Now its ready for primer and some semi gloss black...Hmmm..Or maybe a nice silver and black...This is just a temp hookup till I get my sounds done and the Epic 160 and 3.1 go in the box

5933467606_0a7078ab0d_b.jpg

Started working on the door panels. Removed all the switches and stuff. Gave the panels (upper/lower) a bath in purple power. I used a tooth brush to clean down in the fake stitching. I will let this sit for a lil bit , rinse with hot water and then use acetone and go back over it all. Then adhesion promoter and spray em. I also sanded all the flaking chrome from the upper panel trim. I have some metal flake silver Fusion paint i will use for that..

5932906409_720c21642b_b.jpg

Scrubba dub dubbin

5932904329_ede0a86395_b.jpg

5933466512_865e10a256_b.jpg

5932905235_a0bcbbbdcd_b.jpg

Elco Warren 8)
80z STAND UP!!!

that bread box and consol are looking nice. id like one of them setups for my guages and some switch for like fan/fuel pump/roll control, but i havent the funds or a place to do work like what yer doing. keep it up! 8)

Thanks fellas!! The gauge setup in the breadbox is a nice mod. I had a polished plate made for the bread box in my SS that holds 2 autometer gauges. Looks pretty clean. I might have to do the wrinkle finish TC. That would cut down on the amount of prep work needed to get the paint to lay smooth. Off to autozone I go!! Thanks for the input and pics! 8)

Just woke up. Man workin nights is a killer. Ok Im done whining. LOL! Trying to get the old bod goin so I can make it up to the paint spot. I like to do all the painting and stuff after I get off from work at 3am. Its been pretty warm in the "shop" around that time which will aid in helping the paint lay nice. I also dont have to deal with any lil bugs flyin around and doin a swan dive on the parts. I'll have a few updates on the interior after I get off. I did finish cleaning the upper/lower panels and they are hang drying right now. That paint is gonna stick like crazy!!
I went straight "ELCOCD WARREN" ON EM!! :twisted:

Gave all the parts a really nice scrubbing till nothing but clean water was coming off em. I didnt do the upper panels like this cuz of the cardboard backing. But trust me, all the parts are squeeky clean. After they dry out its clean micro fiber towel and acetone time. Grease doesnt stand a chance!! :twisted: Had to really scrub em cuz Ive done the "low gloss" armor all detail so many times before. Wanted to make sure all that was gone. The parts are so dry they are ashy looking now. This is the best uh "parts cleaner tank" in the world!! LOL! Shhh! Dont tell Roro... :wink:

5934272955_e2ea7f69a3.jpg

Ok. I'm finally waking up so I guess I'll jump on the road and head out to get the paint. Hope to have some more updates in the morning..
Thanks for checkin back..

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Always love reading your updates Warren! Thanks for sharing! You do quality work!

Blueboy84 said:
Always love reading your updates Warren! Thanks for sharing! You do quality work!

X2 .. 🙂 Will you be going to the G-body run this year? Chris and I are coming down Saturday would love to stop and check out your work..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor