87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol good times! I'll be there with all 10 fingers this time... :rofl: talked to unk he said that he will pick up my hoist and drop it off at the storage. He won't know about the tow dolly until Saturday, if his mechanic isn't using it he said he can get it.

melman109 said:
Lol good times! I'll be there with all 10 fingers this time... :rofl: talked to unk he said that he will pick up my hoist and drop it off at the storage. He won't know about the tow dolly until Saturday, if his mechanic isn't using it he said he can get it.
:rofl: :rofl: glass bottom huh ALL TEN! o and bonnie was tryin to clown bro get her on FB.. :wink:

HAHAHAH!!! Get him Bonnie! Get him!! Its all love fam! OK. Ill be swangin back yall way this weekend. Leavin at 5:30 Saturday morn after work like last week. Should be there around 10am. Looks like I'll be getting "my life" back and some major updates will be comin. Man now Im thinking I want to swap the 350 out the SS in the Elco for now, and drop a "Year one crate" in the SS a few months down the road while I save for the 502. Hmmmm. Got some thinking to do

ElcOCD Warren 8)

And so it begins...Elco Warren's "Wellz Edition" 8) The old girl will be cleaned up and shinin like the rest of the 80z crew soon...

5915967415_2698b8a8e7_z.jpg

5916537588_78211d191c_z.jpg

5916539698_242b5f366e_z.jpg

Off to Arizona in the morning. Pulling the motor and then cleaning the bay out. Prepping it for a spray. Nothin really crazy cuz its a daily. Just freshening things up a bit with some satin black...

:mrgreen:
5526124614_627fd61502_z.jpg

Decided to pull the new HO 350 out the SS. Then I can really do the SS engine bay the way i wanted and get him ready for the 502 later on. :twisted: Everythings comin out. Fans, radiator, radiator hoses, top plate, the works. Soon as the El's bay is how I want in, I'll truck the HO 350 down there and 80z will get it crackin. :wink:

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

The elco already sweet the SS engine is just gonna take it over the top.I love how you be silently killin the game but manage to stay so humble.Keep up the good work...

hahahaha!!!!! 😀 thats west up there SSensei :wink: now youre giving each of the rides the attention and respect they need and deserve.gLAd to here of the "new pLAns" 8) like i mentioned some months back,"its a SS homie,it needs that hp pampering".nice.and b4 you pLAnt that 350 in the bct,be sure to fill those dimples :wink: lol.put ya locs on h8ers,sh*t gonna be blinding :!: :!:

ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
I love how you be silently killin the game but manage to stay so humble.Keep up the good work...

Fam I REALLY appreciate that right there. Thats wassup. And what trips me out is the amount of hate I get from some dudes while Im being as humble as I can be!! LOL! Thats crazy. But I stay humbled by the hard work I see you cats puttin in. Im tryin to learn and get on yall level bruh. Thanks again for checkin back and for the cool *ss words of encouragement... 😀

L.A.X-RATED said:
hahahaha!!!!! 😀 thats west up there SSensei :wink: now youre giving each of the rides the attention and respect they need and deserve.gLAd to here of the "new pLAns" 8) like i mentioned some months back,"its a SS homie,it needs that hp pampering".nice.and b4 you pLAnt that 350 in the bct,be sure to fill those dimples :wink: lol.put ya locs on h8ers,sh*t gonna be blinding :!: :!:

HAHA!!! Thanks bruh!! Imma see what it do with the "dimple" filling. I found a metal filler I wanna try out and see how it works. Im in no rush cuz I got some wheels to get to/from work. Imma keep the wells, firewall and ac box a nice semi gloss. It will be cool for a daily and clean enough for the "shows" Yep! Gotta do the S up the way I wanted. I will eventually do a frame off on that one but what Im doin will work for now. Preciate the love and encouragement bruh!! :mrgreen:

Got some work done on my wellz. I just did a rush job on these so I can let the filler sit for the rest of the week and dry out. Imma spray one more can of filler primer in the morn and then let it dry out. Here's what i got...

First coat of "filler primer"

5928634695_1ac0171df7_b.jpg

Second coat

5928636091_54a4f95210_b.jpg

Spraying cruise control unit also. imma put that system back in and get it all working

5928633649_fffd5747e4_b.jpg

Got some of the interior parts out to start the respray as well..Thanks to Chris and Mel. Preciate that hard work fellas!!! I tried to bring back as much as possible from AZ so I could get it all done while waiting to get back out to arizona. Mel will bring the rest to me this weekend...

5929236110_50a09ef789_b.jpg

Mel hooked it up with a console and breadbox. Thanks fam!!! The box is in bad condition. You cant tell from the pics but its cracked up pretty badly. I have a brand new box I'll use. Imma make a plate for the box to hold some sound system stuff. Since Im keeping the column shift, Imma run a cup holder plate in the console..

5928676239_c5930f4f12_b.jpg

cdh.3451932_std.jpg

I'll start the cleaning up of the interior parts in the morning...

Thanks for checkin back..

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Hell I forgot I had 2.5 cans of SEM Blue mist on the shelves. Chris (Kuruption109) hooked me up with the1/2 can-thanks fam. Decided to spend a couple hours painting the parts up. Took Monday night off so I'll put that time to good use. Got alot done..

Shoutout to my man Pollo of G Body Nation for the color code hookup from SEM Preciate that fam 8)

Cleaned all the parts up using fresh clean micro fiber towels, a green brillo pad, purple power degreaser, clean hot water and finished with acetone. I tested a small area first with acetone to be sure it was safe to use. Acetone will melt certain plastics like tail lense plastic. After a good scrub and cleaning, I hit the parts with some Duplicolor adhesion promoter. I usually use SEM adhesion promoter but was out. I had good luck with the Duplicolor and had a full can. After it "flashed", I layed the first light coat on each part. Did 4 light mist coats and was really happy with the outcome. Imma set all the sprayed parts out in the sun tomorrow and let em cure for a week before installing em...
The "breadbox" below will house an Audio Control Epic 160 bass restore control. It post the db amount your subs are hitting on the front of the unit. Same as the Epicenter, justin a different format..I'll also have an Audio Control Eq to control the highs and mids. Should look sweet..

5929226223_3232e51223_b.jpg

5929229621_cb975f64d1_b.jpg

5929227283_6d4cd75c4f_b.jpg

5929225093_7249a8b082_b.jpg

Light coats=you keep your texture. Kept can 10" from surface and just misted the parts. 4 light coats...

5929232193_57bee199c8_b.jpg

5929792070_55252b133c_b.jpg

Old color and new color comparison

5929233467_71f2ba46fe_b.jpg

[youtube]1avIWNy72EU[/youtube]

Imma hit the door panels today. Clean em up nice and have tape off the chrome areas..Mel picked me up some buckets for $30. They look really close to Monte SS seats. I'll get em redone, new headliner and a carpet kit here soon as the loot is lookin right..We do this on a 9-5 pay rate (inside joke :wink: )Gettin there! :mrgreen:

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Looking good, bruh! That SEM paint works wonders and it looks like you're putting it on just right. Blue mist is so much nicer than the old blue. So you did decide to use the 350 outta the SS, huh? Should be plenty of go for a daily driver. LOL! :lol:

wow thats looking really nice! what are your plans on the seats and whatnot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor