87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blueboy84 said:
Always love reading your updates Warren! Thanks for sharing! You do quality work!

X3

your el camino and monte carlo are real works of art especially with all the work you have put into them . I guess its a good thing that a couple places probably didnt do the work like you expected, because then you probably wouldnt have taken the initiative to start doing the work yourself and learn how to do different things, making your car stand out .... keep up the great work Warren!!!

Blake442 said:
I know how you feel about working nites, I work 10 pm to 6:30 am.
I love it, but it's killing the progress on the motor swap in the Buick...

Yep!! Kills any progress for me. You'd think "I got the whole day!!" right? Yeah..The whole day to try and rest! HAHA!

Blueboy84 said:
Always love reading your updates Warren! Thanks for sharing! You do quality work!

Thanks for that bruh!! And I really appreciate you swingin back thru to check things out. Im tryin! LOL! Its not the best out there, but Im learnin new things and savin a buck here and there...Thanks again! 8)

v2vera said:
X2 .. 🙂 Will you be going to the G-body run this year? Chris and I are coming down Saturday would love to stop and check out your work..

YESSIR!! Mel's comin thru to pic me up. Oh yall most def gotta swang thru. I'll be here on Saturday workin on Saints Wells. See yall then 8)

19elcamino82 said:
Blueboy84 said:

X3

your el camino and monte carlo are real works of art especially with all the work you have put into them . I guess its a good thing that a couple places probably didnt do the work like you expected, because then you probably wouldnt have taken the initiative to start doing the work yourself and learn how to do different things, making your car stand out .... keep up the great work Warren!!!

WOW! I really appreciate the cool azz words! This keeps me motivated to try harder and learn more as I go. Thanks again for checkin back and the cool words of encouragement bruh! After reading thru all the post I wanna get out there in the shop and "Do WORK SON!!!!" LOL! But its time to head back to work.. TGIF! I'll be up saturday morn back on my grind. Thanks for swingin back thru!

Got some updates on "Elco Down!": Interior Project..
Breadbox is mounted...

5941107431_86e297afe7_b.jpg

Outside shot in the sun. I let em sit out all day long till its time to go in to work..

5941678442_feb4550d8d_b.jpg

Panel. I tried a lil low gloss clear to aid in protecting the finish. Mel is gonna give me his opinion on it.
Before clear..

5941668504_f9c0cb5a09_b.jpg

After...

5941681700_97f9f8fc1b_b.jpg

Other parts..

5941679852_2581a373ae_b.jpg

Tried my hand at taping off and addind some detail..Came out OK for a newb..

5941671076_ea08bf60fd_b.jpg

5941112517_aa97869c28_z.jpg

5941675618_c565fdc469_b.jpg

Its coming together. Imma leave things alone for a lil bit till the fellas get here and give me some input. This is just a temporary job till I can get it done by a pro. Just to freshen things up a bit and show folks that a few rattle cans can do the job. Thanks for checkin back. 8)

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

:shock: :shock: :shock: guess me and u on the same page lol im gonna take my door panels out and get to cleaning them bad bois and then spray the good plastic pieces i have..... nuttin like PROGRESS!!! :wink:

kuruption109 said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: guess me and u on the same page lol im gonna take my door panels out and get to cleaning them bad bois and then spray the good plastic pieces i have..... nuttin like PROGRESS!!! :wink:

Yessir!! Man i cant wait till yall get here! Imma leave things as they are to get your opinion. I like the low gloss idea, but might not need it. You'll see when you get here. Headed to work!!

Elco Warren 8)

Man, i'm loving the new color for the interior! that gloss on the door panel looks good in the picture i'll come check it out tomorrow to see how it looks in person. console came out nice as well! now i want to work on my interior...damit warren lol "gotta have it" :mrgreen:

How do you remove the wheel wells? I had much trouble trying to get the passenger side off to remove the ac stuff.

82cutlass said:
How do you remove the wheel wells? I had much trouble trying to get the passenger side off to remove the ac stuff.

Take the passenger wheel off and drop it from the bottom

melman109 said:
82cutlass said:

Take the passenger wheel off and drop it from the bottom

alright i'll try that. Thanks

LSCustoms said:
Even though you are great with the camera, pics dont do your work justice... looks much better in person believe it or not...

Thanks bruh!!!! Preciate you swingin thru and checkin things out...

82cutlass said:

Hmmm. Mine just came right out on the El and the SS. Removed all the screws and it actually dropped out on both sets....

No major updates. Headed back to AZ this weekend, and every weekend til bay is how I want it. Goal for Saturday is to snatch the motor, dolly the El up to the car wash for the degrease/high pressure wash job and sand/primer and paint up the ac box, firewall and inner fender walls. Should be cake. Mel, Chris and the big homie Vic will be keeping me focused and motivated to get her done. Thanks fellas!! 😀

Wells have been dry sanded to 220. Imma just do these dry to 800 and spray em. Just really wanted to clean em up. I really didnt even have to sand em. But what the heck. More practice. After dry sanding these again with 220, then comes the "sandable primer". I like to change the primer colors up so I can see if im sanding too much out. The color underneath will show. The last primer will get dry sanded to 800 and then its clean up time. I will go with glossy. it ust wont be as smooth as the fellas.

5961822553_653b0c12e9_b.jpg

Didnt go all out with these since alot of the areas will be covered with ac stuff and hoses. Im also running the bottles so I didnt fill the holes. Just a clean up job....Gettin there..

Finishing up Big Saints right now. Gotta run up to ace for some denatured alcohol and then i can spray one today...I'll get on mine tomorrow and have em ready for spray when I get back from Az on Sunday..

Thanks for checkin back!

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor