87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
melman109 said:
T-TOP TONY said:
Damn bro youve been doing all kinds of stuff now. Youve been watching speed tv

Hahahah I think both of yall been watchin the same channel cuz yall both been puttin in work this month. I guess we don't get that station in AZ.

Looking good brotha Warren, keep up the good work!
na bro we dont get that channel but we get the station called CRAIGSLIST..... lol

LOL! Yall crazy!! But yeah. I get W-C.R.A.I.G.L.I.S.T out in Riverside my damn self. HAHA! Did a lil work on the hood. Sanded and degreased. Still more sanding to go. Its all about the prepwork. It doesnt have to be perfect as this lil Elco isnt a show car. But I want it to come out somewhat decent ya dig. Im gettin a vid together of the work Ive been doin. Thats my thing now. Showing me in the vids puttin in the work. This fool emailed me sayin that Im not doin the work and that the shops are. **** that! No More Shops! So be on the lookout for my ugly mug in a "how to" vid near you!

Coming together. My lil fingers hurt!! Time to man up!! :twisted:

4465602882_f315294078_b.jpg

4465606568_2d15c0eee6_b.jpg

The shop is closed on the weekends, so no work on the hood. Sucks. But I do have my lower airdam I got from Mel I can work on. Gotta fix all the cracked mounting tabs. Easy fix. Im also molding some fogs in the bottom 2 holes for a lil custom hookup. I'll get some pics of that up also.

Welp! Im off to tear down the front end on my Monte SS. Puttin in a few hours on that today. Wish me luck!!

Ya boy Warren 8)

Got a little more work done on the hood. Took it down to the metal with a da sander and 80 grit. An hour later it was clean. I still need to sand out the old filler. I just work about an hour or so a day. Workin night (5pm til 3:30 am sometime) wears you out. I try to do like and hour or 2 a day so I stay motivated and not feel worn out..Here's what I got so far...Sorry about the picture quality. I snapped these with my cell phone...

4487488343_05ed389578_b.jpg

4487483911_fcd04915a3_b.jpg

4488134252_a7d143a4d6_b.jpg

4487488793_d842ce3e60_b.jpg

4487486349_cddbff53be_b.jpg

4488134982_f7656fe45a_b.jpg

4487489345_1374b857e6_b.jpg

Still gotta hit this corner. This is the old filler

4488138656_9b0facf29c_b.jpg

I'll be up there first thing monday morn. There's a spot that needs to be "shrunk" with a blow torch. Basically theres a section on the hood that "tin cans"--Pops in and out when pressure is applied. Im learning a ton up there. And its all FREE.99! 😀 Im also workin on my lower air dam that the big homie Mel gave me. I layed the firt layer on mesh and plastic filler down. Im lettin it set and then I'll shape it up a lil, scuff it and lay the next layer down. Im workin on molding some fogs in the bottom openings also. I used some Monte SS turn sig lens housing and trimmed em up a bit. I'll snap a few pics and post em up later...

Warren 8)

OOOWEEE! Brought this one back from the dead! I need to get on that hood. Actually, the shop has to do the next step. I stripped it, but there's a section that "tin cans". The metal was stretched so much from whatever Elco James hit that hood just pops in that section when you push it in. The shop has to use a torch and "shrink" that section. Hope to get it done by the Elco Run. Thanks for the pics bruh! Had a cool time chillin with yall.

Elco Warren

Hey warren, do u know where i can get a set of 22 irocs without that 22ll stamp on them. Thanks!

longie13 said:
Hey warren, do u know where i can get a set of 22 irocs without that 22ll stamp on them. Thanks!

There's a spot out in LA that sells em with tires for around $1300. I just typed in Iroc wheels in the craigslist search and they popped up.

Well the El has been down for a lil bit now. I did a Arizona run( out, back, out, back to cali) last month. Racked up about 1300 miles on the old girl that weekend. Started hearing a lil "clackity clack" noise coming from the driver side. No noise while sitting in idle, but under load you can hear it. I drove it a little more around town and it started getting louder each day. Cars been sitting for a month now. New 350 probably at the end of this week will be dropped in by Chris (Kuruption109), Me and Melman109. I did pull the drivers side valve cover. A bro of mine fired it up and this is what we found. There was barely any oil coming out of the pushrods. I had the heads all covered with rags and what not. The noise is coming from the last 2 rocker arms. But all the rockers have little to no oil coming out. We let the car idle at high rev until at running temp. Kicked it down and still very little oil coming out. Oil pressure was good. Right at 45 on the gauge.

My homey suggested I try a 5w-30 oil. 3 qtz oil and 2qts trans flluid to clean things out. Maybe I could pull the pushrods and see if they are clogged. Im still goin with a new 350, but just wanted to see if I could fix this problem. 1 pump of the pedal and the car fires right up. No power loss at all. Cars pulls nice for 305 with 172,000 miles on it. Chris (Kuruption109) will back that up. Any suggestions? Im gonna do the oil change today and drop the valve covers on and driver her around for a lil bit. I miss driving the old girl! My boys keep sayin I look cute in my girls VW Beetle. Thats not the bizness! LOL!

Anyways...Cant wait to get back on the ol lady. Been working on my SS pretty tuff lately. Time to show her some love. Ive racked upp some nice parts for her over the last few months...

Upper lower control arms and Energy bushings
New brakes, rotors, wheel bearing
Cleaned up my Monte SS sway bars, new bushings and will use on the Elco
LED rear brake lights

4526480805_c0ce8cc2b0_z.jpg

4527114418_141114d30b_z.jpg

And some other goodies. I'll be updating this thread as things progress..

Better days..
3562341790_04d5d1fa1c_z.jpg

Elco Warren 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor