87 El Camino Daily Driver/Weekend Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
"THE DO IT YORSELF CREW!"....AIN'T NOTHIN 2IT BUT 2 DO IT :wink: hope the removal and haul go smooth homie.

ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
Everthings lookin good ,i wanted to ask what product you gonna use for the undercarraige?

Thanks fam! Man the young stunna TTopTony put all of us up on chasis saver. Por-15 is nice but hella pricey. Qt of the chasis saver is $25. Spray or roll/brush on. Thanks for checkin back bruh

L.A.X-RATED said:
"THE DO IT YORSELF CREW!"....AIN'T NOTHIN 2IT BUT 2 DO IT :wink: hope the removal and haul go smooth homie.

Yessir! And Im bouts to get it done this weekend bruh! Cant wait to drop it in the elco and start the LS build for the SS. Fam I appreciate you checkin back on things and keepin me motivated.

[youtube]VDZZnHK-lek[/youtube]

Elco Warren
80zBabiezCC

Ahhhhh brah.....once again i love those vids...keep me all motivated....cant wait to see the 350 in elko....

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
Everthings lookin good ,i wanted to ask what product you gonna use for the undercarraige?

Thanks fam! Man the young stunna TTopTony put all of us up on chasis saver. Por-15 is nice but hella pricey. Qt of the chasis saver is $25. Spray or roll/brush on. Thanks for checkin back bruh

L.A.X-RATED said:

Yessir! And Im bouts to get it done this weekend bruh! Cant wait to drop it in the elco and start the LS build for the SS. Fam I appreciate you checkin back on things and keepin me motivated.

[youtube]VDZZnHK-lek[/youtube]

Elco Warren
80zBabiezCC
lets get crackin' bro! drain your trans, drop drive shaft, about six bolts to take off the back of the engine for the trans, the three more on the front of the trans, which r a pain. engine mounts, radiator etc. yank it out... about 30 minute job...

trying to straighten out the garage a little, found most of the pieces I have, all brand new... good contribution to your project... some of the pieces missing in this pict are on the el co. but they can come off just as easy as they went on, dumb *ss nephew put them on for some reason, when i had moved the car to my bros garage for a few weeks... lets just say that he had to leave town shortly after i found out he messed with the car... i should have every single piece from wipers to bed rails

IMG334.jpg

anyhow, if you want his stuff, come get your sh*t out my garage bro, takin up space... 😀

IMG342.jpg

came through around 1230, stayed there till 1300... called you a million times, and knocked on the door... old nappin *ss N! :rofl: brought you parts too and some wire... too hot to be sittin around chump 😀 i aint no bill collector, damn :rofl:

you have to pull the cap off the distributor, set the cap on the intake and yank it out... put it back on... wont mess with timing all that much, but that is/was the only thing stopping the motor from coming out...

HAHAHAHA!!! Thats how we do it at "THE Shade Tree Retirement home" bruh. Naps, naps and more nappin!!! Damn! Sorry I missed you. Showered, and fell asleep! Damn. I owe you biiig time for hangin that long. My fiance was knocked out to! Its her fault! HAHAHA! Took the cap off and got it out. Piece of cake. That load leveler made it easy for me to do it by myself. Angles the motor downward...

6091296739_aa5a74b892_b.jpg

Removing the torque converter

6091849646_093c3d5708_b.jpg

Marked the cap-1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

6091304469_8c8b7bd404_b.jpg

Dougs headers. Bout to get thermal coated and Ceramic coated...

6091843586_f4e8fcc2d5_b.jpg

6091313715_b1170788e6_b.jpg

Now onto the engine stand. Gotta get some longer bolts tho. Then front serp comes off, all the plolished stuff gets taped off, degrease the block and spray it with the left over engine block paint I have. Really excited about this as its my first time doin it all. Thanks to my CC fellas for all the tips and tricks on getting it out....More updates to follow pretty quick. Once the motor is on the stand it all down hill from there. Bout to eat, shower and hit the sack. Up early and back on it!
Cant wait to drop this lil motor in the Elco. Mel and Chris will chime in. This lil motor was pretty fun in the SS. Once I get the rear done its a wrap. Swap to Floor shift? HHHHMmmmmm :wink:

Thanks for checkin back! :mrgreen:

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

"New Motor" (6 years old but only has 1200 miles on her) is on the stand and taped up ready for a lil scotch bright pad and degrease job. I gotta hit The Freight up for some stars to take the fromt serpentine setup off. Coming together...

6093761416_0ac5782be8_b.jpg

6093765458_8c8f538f6c_b.jpg

Soon as I get the front off I can clean it up and shoot some high temp on it and freshen the motor up. Should have this all done before the weeks over.

Got this fan/radiator setup years back. Had it polished up the day I got it. Still has a nice shine on it after all these years. Gonna get it re-polished...

6093829546_2fae22b440_b.jpg

6093295179_53178000bb_b.jpg

I ordered the B&M Super cooler with the fan, 16 qts of BM Trick flo fluid, A fan mounting kit and a Hughs deep aluminum trans pan. Still need to get the crossmember, trans and motor mounts, Braided hoses and fittings, Flows 40 series and a few other lil goodies. Separating my Aluminum radiator and fans and getting the radiator re-polished. The fans with be shot a wet black to flow with the wells. Should look cool..

Thanks for Checking back fellas. We gettin there :mrgreen:

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor